UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Hi GreyAreaUK,

Great screenshots!

If, when editing a session, you click on Edit Session from the menu bar and go into the Quick Drive rule there's a tick box there that enables you to turn off junction overlays when starting Driver.

Cheers,

PLP

Hi GreyAreaUK,

Great screenshots!

If, when editing a session, you click on Edit Session from the menu bar and go into the Quick Drive rule there's a tick box there that enables you to turn off junction overlays when starting Driver.

Cheers,

PLP

Thank you - I think my texturing is starting to improve.

Thanks for the tip re the junction overlays - I'll try that when I next fire up the game. Tonight, hopefully.

You know, love Trainz though I do, I can't help feeling that the UI could use a comprehensive overhall :)

Sorry that it isn't correct:(
This is the only reason I have it setup like that...

@hiawathamr: Not to worry, it appears that there is at least one example of that type of crossing in the UK, although it's a diamond crossing, not a right angle crossing as you've depicted (see the map in steviez link):
Newark flat crossing http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2740089 (Nottinghamshire)

I stand somewhat corrected as it's a diamond crossing, not a right angle crossing but that may be a case of splitting hairs! Are there any examples of right angle crossings in the UK, as depicted by hiawathamr in his UK layout?

Rob.

Last edited:
The problem is that many right angle crossing are named diamon crossing which are different but it keeps confuse us. In the pic from "steviez" it's more a right angle crossing than a diamond one and it looks like 80°

hiawathamr it looks really nice for your first themed UK layout !

The problem is that many right angle crossing are named diamon crossing which are different but it keeps confuse us. In the pic from "steviez" it's more a right angle crossing than a diamond one and it looks like 80°

Looking at the location map below the pic in steviez link it looks more like a 45 degree crossing to me (location in blue ring).

Sorry to be off topic, I'll say no more!

Nice shots, nice layout hiawathamr!

Rob.

Thank you for the kind words mate:)
Yeah, just the term diamons is enough to pull up a bunch of pictures which might not go with the topic..

@hiawathamr: Not to worry, it appears that there is at least one example of that type of crossing in the UK, although it's a diamond crossing, not a right angle crossing as you've depicted (see the map in steviez link):

I did look at those links, and the pictures makes it appear to be 80 degrees, while the map of it showing the location has it as a right angle.. which again won't work correctly for the usage that is shown in the picture showing the junction on the model RR..

eLkzzK8.jpg

Superb shots all!

/QUOTE]

Hi thisischeese,

Stunning shot - I've just been looking back over the thread as I do from time to time and this caught my eye. Are those trampolines available? I was looking for such the thing yesterday evening and alas, couldn't find anything on the DLS. I must have tried about 15 different names for trampoline!
Cheers,

PLP

Superb shots all!

/QUOTE]

Hi thisischeese,

Stunning shot - I've just been looking back over the thread as I do from time to time and this caught my eye. Are those trampolines available? I was looking for such the thing yesterday evening and alas, couldn't find anything on the DLS. I must have tried about 15 different names for trampoline!
Cheers,

PLP

Studsmatta by bengolle in three different sizes

Nice Hiaw :wave:

Some Heavy works with some Class 66s and a french version ( with KVB ) and a crane:

yttKb0H.png

Eu5uZXc.png

SUKaMTe.png

hWsDiCR.jpg

I think it's great to see the UK Screenshots thread moving away from the 'tin box and concrete' theme to more of the steam scene. Just my opinion! Great shots hiawathamr, PLP, KotangaGirl, MF01, GreyAreaUK and nobody1.

Rob.

Last edited:
I think you could easily guess my opinion on that subject Rob. Some running about with some of my 19th century engines and rolling stock. This is my five and a half mile long very WIP test track layout. No stations, just a double track line running through a remote and rugged looking landscape with portal tracks at each end.

i4pxhBs.jpg

PJ0Sbrj.jpg

LyTTiRB.jpg

ClkaSCU.jpg

Hwyz01p.jpg

soJ7BRe.jpg

lk8fgMf.jpg

3xeATeG.jpg

Last edited:
Back