UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

R3, bravo there! Good work. An up to date model of the Class 47 is a much needed addition. There are a plethora of liveries they can wear and a Class 57 is a development possibility too.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

(UV map/AO bake very rough at the moment)

Hoping to get the 31 and 47 up to the same standard for a simultaneous DLS release, in case anyone asks...

R3

Looks great R3 just wondering if that wall with the white framed window in the first screenshot is from the dls it looks useful?
Thanks. The wall is a T:ANE built in, from the ECML- Darlington red wall spline 2, KUID 174088:38022. It's pretty tall and most of it is buried below the ground in my station:

R3

Thank you SRS for these great looking BR locos! they can replace the ones that come with trainz.(I only wish SRS had matching passenger cars)

Excellent shots all :)

Big thanks to Mark for allowing me to reskin his 155 and the alterations he made to it to help support this livery :D

32917641686_eb091528b1_b.jpg

Should be enroute to the DLS soon along with a few more bits of content .

Thisischeese: that flyover looks unbelievable! What assets did you use?

nexus, every time I pop in here for a look you seem to be setting the bar for trainz screenshots.

Fantastic screenshots everyone else. I'll admit I know bugger all about British railways but they look pretty and that's what counts :hehe:

Jamie

Highland Games

NW Scotland. I remember reading about a 19th century British government scheme to build a railway to Ullapool to support the local economy. It failed to materialise but I decided to build a fictional terminus at Ullapool. This is a second version and will represent the last mile or so of the branch. I have visualised it being operated by the Highland Railway, later LMS and British Railways Scottish Region. Today it would be Scotrail. This version has the terminus built on a reclaimed area roughly between where the inner side of the real harbour lies today. I have kept the notion of the Admiralty building a fuel depot here during WW1. It is a work in progress, with track at the station end laid, the RN depot laid out and some buildings placed. Mason Taylor's work is a godsend, though some of the buildings are larger than one would find in Ullapool today. I explain that away by the place being a bit more prosperous during the first decade or two of the 20th century because of the railway.

Here an ex-HR 4-4-0 stands with a train of three non-gangway bogie coaches for the afternoon train to Dingwall and Inverness.

Here is a wider view of the station area looking west. The harbour lies off to the left and the RN oil tanks can be seen in the distance.

Always rewarding to see one's assets in use - thanks for your kind words here and elsewhere...

This is a great idea for a what-if? route - interesting to speculate that it would probably be busier than the Kyle Line today, bearing in mind that Ullapool was chosen towards the end of the last century over Kyle as the roll-on, roll-off port for the Outer Hebrides, increasing its through and visiting traffic, whilst the bridge and consequent faster direct transport connections to Uig on Skye as an alternative Hebridean port have further diminished Kyle's importance. Mind you, the engineering challenges would have been tremendous - none more so than the run down from the inland Loch Droma to the sea-girt Loch Broom: a steep sided, narrow valley with a serious drop, which would of course mean a serious climb back towards Dingwall for any train leaving Ullapool.

I certainly agree with you about the lack of suitable buildings for a town like Ullapool: the city tenement buildings are a tad out of place, but I don't have anything much even in my unreleased stuff that would be obviously right. Never say never, though. ;)

Back