UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Looks like an interesting route, pfx. Is it T:ANE or TRS19? Sorry to ask but as yet I don't see any difference between T:ANE and TRS19 from a graphics point of view, both in screenshots and in actual gameplay!

Rob.

Thanks Rob. It's my Edinburgh - Glasgow route and what you see is in T:ANE. I'm not going to do a TRS19 version until this one is done, which at the rate I'm currently working, won't be until after N3V has withdrawn support for T:ANE!

I've just bought TRS19 UK version but haven't really used it much beyond a quick play. Graphically, it seems to be a fair step up from T:ANE but in many respects (sound, driving) I'm not seeing any improvement on previous versions.

Cheers,
Innis

Thanks Rob. It's my Edinburgh - Glasgow route and what you see is in T:ANE. I'm not going to do a TRS19 version until this one is done, which at the rate I'm currently working, won't be until after N3V has withdrawn support for T:ANE!

I've just bought TRS19 UK version but haven't really used it much beyond a quick play. Graphically, it seems to be a fair step up from T:ANE but in many respects (sound, driving) I'm not seeing any improvement on previous versions.

Cheers,
Innis

Hopefully you will complete your Edinburgh - Glasgow route and share it with us all, it looks good from the screenies I've seen so far!

Likewise, I have just bought TRS19 and so far, I am unimpressed, but that is a subject for another topic/thread!

Keep up the good work with this route! How's your Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness route coming along?

Rob.

Inverness to Kyle is at a halt currently. I had to start it again when I moved to T:ANE as the original TS12 version had some weird issue which caused the sun to appear fiercely bright. I got sick of the sight of it so have moved to this for the time being. I switch back on occasion and it may appear eventually.

Innis

Pfx I am loving the Edinburgh Glasgow route pics...from the rolling stock and liveries it seems you are modelling the 80s....I winder how many others out there are working on 80s Scottish routes...maybe we can stitch a few together when we are all finished?

Just to the south of Carstairs, a lucky photographer snatches a a brace of 86's freshly outshopped in new Rfd livery crossing paths with an 87 on a northbound Royal Scot on an overcast afternoon in 1988....

Closing-speed-Carstairs.jpg

Fantastic shots all, loving the moody sky in your shot Merrick6ac!

Just two from me tonight showing the Corfe Castle viaduct and a shot of Corfe Castle itself and the station as viewed from the brakevan of a departing PW train.
Class 14 D9535 is on a PWay ballast train headed to Swanage where track relaying is due to take place:
9A1LwqH.jpg

SMlzI9h.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Cheers PortlineParker, enjoying your Swanage Corfe Castle progress as it was a regular holiday destination in my youth!

Here is one from my fictitious WiP West Highland route Kentra Bay

Kentra-Bay-37.jpg

Nice shots again PLP. I was wondering how you were going to represent Corfe Castle, I don't think a model of it exists for Trainz.

Quite a while ago a Trainz user, mezzoprezzo, posted dioramas of the Corfe Castle and Swanage area, in the Nature Screenshots thread, his Corfe Castle looked quite good! Not seen mezzoprezzo post for a while now.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

It's actually made up of a flat ruined building by RRSignal, and does the job reasonably well, especially seeing as it is mainly seen from a distance. I did actually message mezzoprezzo a while back asking which assets he used, but he did not remember. Upon looking at his screenshots in greater detail I think it's the standard built-in castle ruin turned so that its side is facing the village.

OILg0FQ.jpg

We're rather poorly presented in Trainz with castles and the such; the only other one's I've managed to find that aren't whole castles are the turrets and walls in this picture too, and they're by Magandy. While they're fine, again they're in a 'complete' state, i.e.: not ruined, and don't really lend themselves to a ruined castle. That, and the fact their textures could do with some upgrading. I was hoping someone would be able to make some castle assets, such as ruined walls or towers etc but I appreciate this would take time and effort to do; sadly no one seems to have done them AFAIK, but you never know what will turn up.

Cheers,

PLP

It looks good anyway! I suspect mezzoprezzo may have photoshopped his Corfe Castle in to his shots but don't quote me on that!

Rob.

It looks good anyway! I suspect mezzoprezzo may have photoshopped his Corfe Castle in to his shots but don't quote me on that!

Rob.

No he didn't! :p

It was kitbashed from various castle assets which I can't recall.

PLP and I exchanged some PM's where I passed on what clues I could remember on the source of the bits. All was lost in a hard drive failure.

@PLP. Nice work on the route. It's progressing really well.
Your Corfe castle structure looks very similar to the method I used, as do the surrounding walls and towers.

Cheers.
;)

Sorry mezzoprezzo, it looked so good it could have been a 'real' image! Nice to hear from you, hope you're well!

Rob.

Last edited:
M7 30053 crossing Corfe Viaduct with a train from Norden:
XcDzfEV.jpg

And exiting Challow Cutting:
LZdDMkY.jpg

Incidentally, does anybody know:
1) How easy it is to remove the shadows generated by the number on the M7 (see below)
2) Reskin into more of a clean black rather than dirty grey livery?
8VNdhXE.jpg

As preserved, most locos are generally very clean and, while I love skipper's model, I think it would look even better (and more appropriate) if it were all black (and clean!).

For comparison, here she is at Swanage:
063-2013-swanage-railway-swanage-ex-lswr-m7-class-30053-br-lined-late-crest.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

To a rather less picteresque area of the UK, the East London Docklands.
Update on North Woolwich, as usual with all of my projects, progress has been slow due to a number of things, personal life and also due to how much this area of London has changed over the past 40 years. The research has taken a lot longer than usual. This site https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/ has been invaluable.
I really should get round to buying TS19 and testing the route in there.

zZfcpae.jpg

Silvertown Yard

1hebBX7.jpg

Silvertown level crossing, the gates and rails running through the road were here until around 2014 despite the rest of the Silvertown tramway having been ripped up in the mid 90s.

UtRKKkh.jpg

Silvertown Station pre-1979 rebuild.

14N0jP7.jpg

Queen Victoria Dock, despite the PLA (Port of London Authority) stopping all internal rail traffic in 1970, much of the rail system was extent for many years, in fact some fragments still survive embedded in the tarmac around the London City Airport. Although making the Docks rail system, got me thinking due to the amount of steam fans of making a London Docks circa 1950s.

3KNX9h9.jpg

The old Connaught Bridge looking towards the Millenium Mills which are still there albeit in a long derelict form, on the left is the current site of the vast Excel exhibition centre. I need to get round to making some proper swing bridge spans really.

Excellent shots all :)

Nexus...what graphics card do you have because 2019 now looks mighty tempting in the shots you have shared!!

I'm currently using a EVGA GTX 1070ti and it seems to handle 2019 quite well apart from when the drivers hud is on then it stutters as the train speeds up or slows down in time with the speed digits changing !!

33950434368_7c74d626f5_h.jpg

47827693841_9c980f61e0_h.jpg

@Klambert, as someone who up until 2016 lived in the Docklands area, I can honestly say that your screenie of Silvertown Station is unbelieveably accurate, well done Sir.
Regards Gam :D

Back