UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

2020-10-24_173854.jpg

IET near Bugle on the Newquay branch.

Mark

That Class 800/801 skin is awesome! The LNER Azuma is my most favorite one out of all the actual liveries for the Hitachi IET trains even though I'm more of a BR sectorization era/InterCity person.

Holy Smokes an IET for Trainz! I've never downloaded an asset so fast.

One thing about it though, its pantograph does appear to be slightly too high.
----------
I still need to do some work on the livery for Exton's rail operator including standardising it across all the trains I plan on using (my Class 91 and Mk4s have a slightly different livery which I might actually choose as the better design.

A Five-car Class 344 traverses the remote deadmoor line in a very unusual movement. Due to an incident on its regular route it has had to divert through the wilderness and through the Grey Mesa and Deadmoor coal fields, a detour that is taking it an additional hour to complete its journey. As you can see, Deadmoor is named so due to the region having absolutely nothing there other than rolling hills, the railway, a coal mine and a passenger station built specifically for the mine despite being miles away from it.
2020-11-03-000632.jpg

The Coal Loader facility at Deadmoor, based off of the real life Boonal Coal loader in Queensland, Australia which I quite liked the design of and wanted to emulate. The whole line takes inspiration of this particular railway line albeit with much less flora.
2020-11-03-000839.jpg

We pass a Coal train which is about to enter the loader. Deadmoor and Grey Mesa operate merry go round trains, although have locomotives on both ends of the train regardless to assist moving the heavy trains up some of the grades along their route, and to keep the train moving through the 'air gap' (which is visible in the previous picture) underneath the loader chute where due to the lack of clearance between the train and the chute, the pantographs of the locomotives have to be briefly lowered when passing under it.
2020-11-03-000839.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Smokes an IET for Trainz! I've never downloaded an asset so fast.

One thing about it though, its pantograph does appear to be slightly too high.

Not my model, but from Sketchup workshop converted and released with permission from the author. I need change the height of the pantograph attachment, I've done this already for the unreleased Azuma version, but still need to change it for the GWR IET.

Excellent shots everyone!

Battle of Britain class 34070 Manston seen here pausing at Harmans Cross before departing for Swanage:
16WOAbv.jpg

And 'N' class 31874 looking very smart and seen approaching Herston Halt, also enroute to Swanage:
TFowyHc.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks. This is a different route incorporating a hugely updated original Rosworth Vale combined with a similarly updated Midshire Mainline route and a few extra bits added on. I'm hoping it should be completed very soon.

You're welcome!

I was going to do my own version of a "UK Together" route (for personal reasons because my computer couldn't handle ECML), but I decided to delete Rosworth Vale from it because I think your version will be better for running electric stuff including the new LNER Azumas. I was also going to redo Midshire a few times, but I just don't feel like replacing missing assets nor fixing messed up track sections.

My dream model railway, Lightermans Quay, based somewhere near Stratford, thinking of making this layout a reality as soon I can get back to the model railway club. The DLR stock is a Sketchup model for personal use only and I have no plans of releasing it, but watch this space if I may make my own.

dcnHx7u.jpg

6NrDR35.jpg

H0BiRrf.jpg

lV9JvP5.jpg

Last edited:
Back