UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A couple from my Looe route.
Track is now procedural!

MoorswaterTANE.jpg

A Freightliner 66 at Moorswater on the cement run.

CoombeJctTANE.jpg

A GWR Class 150 at Coombe Junction waiting for the guard to rejoin the train.

Mark

Evening all,

Ivatt 2MT 41312 sits at Swanage MPD in the early hours warming up ready for the first passenger train of the day.
FWwGLPf.jpg

YTVlCpr.jpg

Still a bit of populating to do but getting there!
Cheers,

PLP

This looks good PLP. I've visited Swanage only once when on a short holiday in Weymouth, about 3 years ago, I made the effort to visit the station whilst in Swanage and from what I can remember, your layout is quite accurate.

Rob.

Cheers Rob,

It's an ambitious project but I'm relatively confident I can complete it. As by when is anyone's guess!

General overview of Swanage so far:
Qm87FqP.jpg

89otanJ.jpg

fDENUEp.jpg

1gODiQi.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks for that Gam, it's much appreciated!

Just a couple more showing progress on the area - still a huge amount to do but it's getting there, slowly but surely!

Hp7m5es.jpg

A view of the shed and the line leading to Corfe Castle from Swanage bay platform.

cn3ZN5q.jpg

Class 117 DMU standing in Swanage bay platform ready for departure.

lWAPcAl.jpg

Class 117 DMU and BR Standard class 4 75075 standing at Swanage platforms 1 and 2 respectively.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks for that Gam, it's much appreciated!

Just a couple more showing progress on the area - still a huge amount to do but it's getting there, slowly but surely!

Hp7m5es.jpg

A view of the shed and the line leading to Corfe Castle from Swanage bay platform.

cn3ZN5q.jpg

Class 117 DMU standing in Swanage bay platform ready for departure.

lWAPcAl.jpg

Class 117 DMU and BR Standard class 4 75075 standing at Swanage platforms 1 and 2 respectively.

Cheers,

PLP

I assume that is the infamous DMU that is not generally available?

Thanks John

Hi John,

Yes it is, though it isn't my intention to start a row over it, so I may change thay screenshot for something less... provoking. My bad!

Cheers,

PLP

Why ? Keep posting with that DMU I have plenty of trains that are not available anymore and I still post pics. Your pics are great

More great shots PLP!

With regards to the unavailable ex payware DMU, if you ever decide to upload this route to the DLS and I hope you do, you will have to be ultra careful about not including any unavailable ex payware assets. I agree with MF01, keep posting the shots!

Rob.

Thanks both,

@robd, Yes absolutely, I'm only using assets that are on the DLS or built in, but will double check before I upload the route, as I intend to do. I will (hopefully) create some sessions to go with it, but they of course won't contain any payware assets, be it stock or otherwise.

Cheers,

PLP

It's been a while since I've posted any screenshots, or even find the time to crack on with any route building, looking at the screenshots, I feel really behind the times. I'm still stuck in the age of non-procedural track and having 1024px wide images. I really need to have a look at playing with post processing and environment settings.

42085185655_ba6d56c0c9_b.jpg

Route inspired by my recent Honeymoon to Kent, (imaginative I know) currently making short branch line based on Simon Glidewell's Saint Mary Hoo, well worth a look: http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/st-mary-hoo-p4-southern-region-third-rail.4198/. Anyway the line is geographically based on a truncated version of the Allhallows Branch on the Hoo Pennisula in Kent. The backstory being most of the Allhallows branch was closed in 1961, however a short 3/4 mile section survived as far as Stoke due to a CEGB connection to Grain Power Station existing there, and was even electrified.
Anyway the screenshot above is looking south, the line on the left is the CEGB line to Grain Power Station, in the centre can be seen Stoke Station, as can be seen the Allhallows truncated line is in the foreground with a sleeper for a buffer, and to the right is the remnants of the goods yard, in the distance can be seen the bridge carrying the CEGB access road to the coal wharf, which I intend to create later on.

42986633861_fbb979e944_b.jpg

TMZ06003's version of WENs 4w Fowler shunter, makes it's way back from the coal wharf, towards Grain Power Station, as seen in the background, in the afternoon sun. The truncated track for Allhallows can be seen in the foreground. I will admit upon checking the history of the area, Grain Power Station wasn't opened until 1975 and with the branch being set in the late 60s, early 70s, however there was an oil refinery there from 1952 until the 80s, so I may change it over to that.

42085184495_b299178b81_b.jpg

Jayhollands excellent 2-BIL basks in the early morning sunlight, ready to depart with the 7.07am for Gravesend. The station only sees 4 departures a day with no weekend service, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
Of note before anyone mentions it, the landscape is intentionally flat, anyone who's knows typical estuary landscape would agree, these areas are often as flat as a board.

42085184725_5fe5b264cb_b.jpg

The other end of the 7.07 Gravesend. Stoke station is approximately half a mile away from the the village and the Power Station, in either direction.

Interesting screenshots and don't worry about all that post processing stuff or the lack of it your screenshots look fine.

The Allhallows branch had an interesting history and was pretty much an economic failure, but the unusual landscape certainly makes for a modelling project with a difference.

I used to visit the Isle of Grain at the eastern end of the Hoo peninsula on oil tankers many years ago when the BP oil refinery was open there, which put a considerable amount of tanker traffic on to the railway if I correctly remember the number of wagons standing in the sidings. I think that the pub in Grain village was called "the Hogarth". The screenshots look sufficiently "desolate" with it being quite a flat area.

Back