UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A 47 hauling coal for Longannet sits at Carmuirs waiting for a Glasgow Queen St to Dunblane service to clear the section.

47496822852_3d19724c80_h.jpg

Great shots all!

Some from the heart of Cornwall, the freight line from Burngullow Junction to Parkandillack, which enters the Western side of the China Clay area.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28229.jpg

The large mica dam near the village of Foxhole.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28429.jpg

The man made peaks of china clay waste around the area.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_281029.jpg

Two disued china clay quarries with the railway running between.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28629.jpg

The Kernick and Treviscoe dryers.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28729.jpg

From the top of a waste mound is Parkandillack dryer at the end of the line with St Dennis village on the hillside.
An waste to energy incinerator also sits next to the line here in the empty green area which I still need to make.
The landscape in the far distance is the Newquay branch where this line used to connect to at St Dennis Junction.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28929.jpg

And finally the sidings at the dryer. The end of the branch being on the left where it used to continue to Newquay. The china clay powder is loaded in the middle shed onto wagons.

Mark

To represent the latest visit FS should be in BR green not apple green. How about some shots featuring the T3 that the Swanage are about to start rebuilding?

@edh6

I know, I didn't have the BR version installed and was too lazy to download it!

Yes that's not a bad idea, I have run the T3 on a couple of occasions but was waiting to see it actually restored first. It will look splendid when it's running again.

Many thanks,

PLP

@edh6

Thank you! It's getting there bit by bit, it's the town that's taking up my time currently!

Some shots inspired by yourself: ex-LSWR T3 class 563 on an afternoon train sometime in the future after its restoration.
DqOvySu.jpg

6Gy70jb.jpg

3J69pna.jpg

zRHtwON.jpg

015dpRw.jpg

tK98EOI.jpg

C8EGMvl.jpg

UYTMM5R.jpg

NqUuKEl.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I agree with Anne, excellent screenshots. Makes me think of the Square and Compass pub at Worth Matravers, the Fox (now closed) and the Greyhound pubs at Corfe Castle. Happy drinking days in the past and a LSWR T3 for the future !

Cheers, evilcrow

After some heart breaking restarts due to the route deleting all assets, I have started again on my bête noire, Carstairs in the mid 80s. Lots of shunting work to keep an operator busy, plenty of traffic variety with a yard and some high speed passing rakes to keep the viewer entertained. Anyone got any hints on doing overhead catenary aside from astounding patience and good eyesight?

Not done any work on tweaking video settings yet, but pretty pleased with result so far. If anyone else is modelling prototype locations on the WCML up North please let me know...

A class 47 sets off with the recently arrived Edinburgh portion, before reversing onto the other platform to join the Glasgow Service.

A-47-pulls-an-Edinburgh-train-out-of-Carstairs-to-then-reverse-onto-the-UP-line-for-the-stock-to-be-couped-up-to-the-Glasgow-service-in-1988.jpg

North bound mail loading complete and awaits the off

47-awaits-the-away-after-loading-the-mail-traffice-at-Carstairs-1987.jpg

86 waits for the 101 to set off prior to completing it's journey to Motherwell.

86-waits-for-the-road-at-Carstairs-1993.jpg

A Kyle of Lochalsh service departs Glasgow Queen Street as an inbound Edinburgh - Glasgow push/pull set arrives.

32682169607_f8083cbc08_h.jpg

Good shot. Knowing my luck I'd want to be catching that train for Kyle but I'd be on the arrival from Edinburgh!

Last edited:
Back