UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Ah, now if it had been a 47/7 then it might have been bringing up the rear of an Edinburgh - Glasgow mk3 5-car push-pull set. If I recall correctly the Class 47 was at the Edinburgh end of the consist.

@steviez no worries, understood the tongue was firmly in cheek but it was a point of considerable shame on my part. Yes thankfully the line is signalled correctly, I promise!

@Borderreiver I am actually trying to find evidence of how often 47/7 push pull sets drifted onto the WCML, but once the route is finished I am sure I can create a land slide scenario so the push pull shuttle goes via Livingstone. We can certainly pretend the 87 is pushing London bound in the first picture.

As it is a screenshot thread here is a photo, D424 & D414 smash the tranquility of a gin soaked Wednesday afternoon in August 1971 as they thrash over Kirtlebridge viaduct (running right way as well!) The pair are already 45 minutes down on their journey through the borders before taking on Beattock on the gruelling run to Glasgow

Greener-Grass.jpg

Ah, now if it had been a 47/7 then it might have been bringing up the rear of an Edinburgh - Glasgow mk3 5-car push-pull set. If I recall correctly the Class 47 was at the Edinburgh end of the consist.

You can see a few in my recent Edinburgh Glasgow screenshots (though a Mk3 short) and your recollection is correct, usually loco first from Glasgow so 47/7, 4 x TSO, 1 x CO, 1 Mk2f DBSO though there were occasions when the sets went loco first from Edinburgh.

Last edited:
@slenderman8888, I see that the local scrap metal thieves have now graduated into stealing main line track where as previously it was just lineside cabling etc. :hehe:

Regards Gam.

Really putting interlocking Towers to the test here, if it can handle 25tph through Borough Market without having an aneurysm, it can handle anything!

Gamerouche, re post #18378, slenderman88 in post #18369 looks like TS12 playing up to me. Even running a RTX2070 video card does not prevent TS12 doing that to me from time to time. As for theives, they have stolen track in the UK. A number of years ago, the Leamside line in NE England suffered the theft of trackwork while mothballed. I think it was over an Easter weekend and locals thought that it was railway crews doing the work. Once someobeody did bring it up the theives had gone, the British Transport Police then discovering that the gang had taken several hundred metres of continuous welded rail with them.

Yorkshire Fuel

A cold day with a Class 56 hauling coal in Yorkshire, early 1990s.

Passing by South Milford en-route for Drax from Gascoigne Wood.

If anyone is in the Transit van the engine will be running to keep them warm.

Freezing cold and tankers standing in the western sidings at South Milford.

Last edited:
Great as ever Mark.

Having got a little bored of the countryside, I've spent a few days tackling Larbert station and I've managed to 'kit bash' something that looks vaguely familiar. An actual photo is at the following link https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4054119

My effort. Very much a WIP but I think it's recognisable enough.

51012333111_1a94bc886d_b.jpg

Borderreiver. Drax power station did not as far as I am aware unload HEA type wagons only MGR'S. HEAs were mainly for house coal or small coal unloading facilities.

Back