UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Great shots all.

2021-01-13_211704.jpg

China Clay heading to Fowey Docks. The church of St Winnow seen on the oposite site of the river.

Mark

A short video of work in progress on the Edinburgh to Glasgow route. This is a trip from Winchburgh junction west of Edinburgh, to Ratho Station, passing through Winchburgh tunnel and over the Almond Valley viaduct. Hopefully it should look familiar to anyone who has travelled the route.

That is one superb screenshot, pfx. T:ANE or TRS2019? The detail in the shot is almost photographic!

Rob.

Good shot! Just shows T:ANE is as good, if not better, than TRS2019!

I really like the detail you've put in to your route/layout, is it your Glasgow to Edinburgh route? A magnificent piece of work!

Rob.

I've had a bit of a mess about with TRS2019 but as this was already well underway in T:ANE, I'll keep working on it until I'm certain TRS2019 is as good as it can be. You're right, this is Edinburgh Glasgow. What you're seeing in that shot is an Edinburgh bound class 47 with Mk3 push/pull set on the mainline in the background, and a class 156 headed for Glasgow Queen Street via Cumbernauld.

Depending on the geography, the scenery can go quite a way out to make it as realistic as I can. Perhaps I'm overdoing it but the results are worth the effort. Not sure what decade I'll finish it though!

Cheers,
Innis

Pfx,

Been watching progress on route with interest, I am working on Carlisle to Glasgow WCML between 1984 and 1996 and wondered if you were using TransDem and if you are modelling both Glasgow Central and Queen Street?

Here is the northern reach of my scenic work to date, Uddingston Junction

Uddingston-Junction.jpg

And this is the northbound sleeper service being split at Carstairs

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi Merrick. I am indeed using a Transdem map. It covers Edinburgh to Glasgow via Falkirk High and the slower line via Grahamston and Cumbernauld. It also extends north to Dunblane and Dunfermline, the idea being I'd like to 'reinstate' the Dunfermline to Stirling line via Alloa. I decided not to add the Edinburgh to Glasgow Central route, though the map is certainly large enough that it could be if I was an outright masochist!

Route building can be exhausting and sometimes a little diorama photoshoot can recharge the batteries....

87005 City of London powers round the curve on the last few miles to Glasgow Central as an SPT 156 on a service from Edinburgh via Livingstone slows to allow the express to pass Uddingston Junction. In the View Park Cement works behind them both an old Railfreight liveried 56 sits ahead a PCA load to head south

Another from me as 47639 races against the fading light out of the shadows of Tinto Hill in 1987 with a cross country bound for Glasgow.

Sadly 15 years living in Spain clearly means that I did not spot that school boy error when setting the shot

. Thanks for pointing that out, will have to remember to double check in the future...:eek:

No worries it was tongue in cheek although you might have got the signalling wrong if you have done it continental style ! Which would obviously have been very annoying. I know of one map on here where I think it was something like the S+C which is completely in reverse and was not spotted until after publication on the DLS until I pointed it out.

Last edited:
Back