Page 1220 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 22072011201170121012181219122012211222 LastLast
Results 18,286 to 18,300 of 18326

Thread: UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

A local service waits in Maltham loop for a steam special to pass.

2020-10-09 182811 by Innis Mennie, on Flickr

United Kingdom, Wiltshire, in GWR Territory.
    Blog Entries

Early morning breakfast for the passengers of the Midnight Express service on the ECML! The train is being hauled by modified LNER L1 number 21147. (It has the A4 chime and a custom L1 engine spec, which allows it to go 112mph, and the boiler pressure's been increased drastically. Also, increased coal and water capacity!)

Ok, I was not expecting it to be that big....
    Last edited by Steamdemon; October 15th, 2020 at 05:16 PM.
    Always respect the rules of the rails. Failure to do so will end very badly.

Default What might have been...

What might have been, if the 151s had made it into production:

James M, creator of the

network

Blog Entries

There are some beautiful shots on here as of late, well done all!

Some from me of 2-6-0 4MT 76070 in a what-might-have-been had it been preserved, seen here at Norden on the Swanage Railway:

Enroute to Corfe Castle:

Departing Corfe:

Woodyhyde campsite:

Approaching Swanage:

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS19.

Lots of great shots recently.

James M, creator of the

network

IET near Bugle on the Newquay branch.

Mark

Azuma testing on Nexusdj's Balshaw route.

Mark

That Class 800/801 skin is awesome! The LNER Azuma is my most favorite one out of all the actual liveries for the Hitachi IET trains even though I'm more of a BR sectorization era/InterCity person.

Holy Smokes an IET for Trainz! I've never downloaded an asset so fast.

One thing about it though, its pantograph does appear to be slightly too high.
    ----------
    I still need to do some work on the livery for Exton's rail operator including standardising it across all the trains I plan on using (my Class 91 and Mk4s have a slightly different livery which I might actually choose as the better design.

A Five-car Class 344 traverses the remote deadmoor line in a very unusual movement. Due to an incident on its regular route it has had to divert through the wilderness and through the Grey Mesa and Deadmoor coal fields, a detour that is taking it an additional hour to complete its journey. As you can see, Deadmoor is named so due to the region having absolutely nothing there other than rolling hills, the railway, a coal mine and a passenger station built specifically for the mine despite being miles away from it.

The Coal Loader facility at Deadmoor, based off of the real life Boonal Coal loader in Queensland, Australia which I quite liked the design of and wanted to emulate. The whole line takes inspiration of this particular railway line albeit with much less flora.

We pass a Coal train which is about to enter the loader. Deadmoor and Grey Mesa operate merry go round trains, although have locomotives on both ends of the train regardless to assist moving the heavy trains up some of the grades along their route, and to keep the train moving through the 'air gap' (which is visible in the previous picture) underneath the loader chute where due to the lack of clearance between the train and the chute, the pantographs of the locomotives have to be briefly lowered when passing under it.
    Last edited by exton32; November 2nd, 2020 at 11:13 PM. Reason: i suck at proofreading

Very nice images exton32. Can I ask what road system is that? Thanks.
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Quote Originally Posted by exton32 View Post
    Holy Smokes an IET for Trainz! I've never downloaded an asset so fast.

One thing about it though, its pantograph does appear to be slightly too high.
    Not my model, but from Sketchup workshop converted and released with permission from the author. I need change the height of the pantograph attachment, I've done this already for the unreleased Azuma version, but still need to change it for the GWR IET.