Page 1137 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 137637103710871127113511361137113811391147 ... LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,055 of 17344

Thread: UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Quote Originally Posted by PortLineParker View Post
    Evening all,

Some beautiful shots on here, I've been away for the last two weeks but I've been keeping up with the thread, and safe to say I'm impressed as ever by the quality of the shots!
    Just a few from me tonight, I've been playing with the ambience lighting a bit and trying to find something similar to the summer nigths we're currently experiencing - here's what I have so far.

Swanage station in the evening, devoid of passengers who after enjoying a day on a steam train have gone home for the night. Here we see J94 75050 heading a small goods train out of Swanage before retiring for the night:

Cheers,

PLP
    Those shots look really nice, but I have to know: if you haven’t already answered, where do you plan to release this?

Hi hholdenaz,

I plan to release the route onto the DLS; when that would be I couldn't begin to give you an idea as it's a sizeable route and I work full time, so I'm only able to do bits here and there!

I'm considering releasing a demo of the route though at some point, maybe just Swanage and the surrounding area? What do people think?
    Cheers,

PLP
    Working to create heritage railways from around the UK for T:ANE.

Evening all,

Just one from me tonight: ex-GWR 5600 class 6695 departs Swanage with the Wesses Belle dining train. One of the nice things about modelling heritage railways is that you can have virtually anything running on them without them looking out of place! Although I do prefer SR, LSWR and LBSCR related stock, it's nice to break it up every now and then.

Cheers,

PLP

Quote Originally Posted by PortLineParker View Post
    ...I'm considering releasing a demo of the route though at some point, maybe just Swanage and the surrounding area? What do people think? PLP
    Yes please, a good idea ! Route looks good.

Rob.

Thanks for that Rob, I'm a little way of releasing anytihng yet but I'll keep it in mind for when I get to that stage!

Just a few from me tonight showing the new area I've been working on - the viewing area at Swanage opposite the loco shed. Open to members of the public to come and watch the trains go by, the viewer would also be afforded an excellent view of the curve into Swanage station as well as that of the engine shed, coaling stage and turntable directly opposite.
    In these shots however, we see the railway's class 117 DMU 3 car set entering Swanage a little after 7am, looking resplendent in the morning sun:

We then see the 117 sitting in Swanage platform ready for the day ahead:

Finally, an overview of the viewing area:

Cheers,

PLP

California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

Nice to see Watchet and not just on my own computer. Broad Gauge layout are lots of fun!
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon Workstation E5320 quad core, 16GB RAM, 500Gb Hard drive, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Win 7.

Evening all,

3 car Class 117 DMU awaiting the right away for the evening service from Swanage to Corfe Castle:

Cheers,

PLP
    Last edited by PortLineParker; July 18th, 2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Tidying up!

Default Grange Grove

No heritage railways out near Dartham, so aspiring enthusiasts must make do with spending an hour or so at their local DT station:

The walk up to the leafy Grange Grove station, on Dartham Transport's Southern Line:

The station is completely empty this morning, so little chance of distractions. A quiet, winding route, the Southern Line runs from the Dartham City Loop out to South Woodridge and Wakenshaw, branching off from the busier Western Line at Ansell Park:

The calm is disturbed as a 474/5 approaches from South Woodridge, with a service to the city. The class 474/5s are the newest trains operating on the network, having just entered service to replace most of the older class 317s and joining the 474/3s and 478/2s working the majority of stopping services. They will soon be joined by the 8-car fixed class 474/7 sets, currently on test to provide capacity increase across the network:

474577 is the leading unit on this Dartham City service:

As the train departs, we see 474523 on the rear. Next stop for this service will be Swepford:

A 317 arrives opposite, bound for South Woodridge:

A bit naughty, but heading to the very edge of the platform gives a great shot of 478253:

James M, creator of the

network

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

12. Default

Great shots Neville.

Looking good Neville! How long is this route, by the way?
    Best Regards,

Alex

Nice screenshots neville_hill. I can't quite make out the name of the signal box on the extreme left of your 1st shot; is it an actual or fictitious location?

Rob.

Alex - v1 of the route (Dearnby and District) is 43 boards although it's hoped to gradually extend it in later versions. The overriding priority is to try and maintain a realistic level of detail as it expands. It is a collaboration between Lataxe Ludd and myself and we hope to get it onto the DLS quite soon.

Rob - the name on the signal box is actually Dearne on Sea West. Dearne on Sea (v1) was put on the DLS as a WIP but has now been subsumed into this layout, along with Dearnby and a few other things.

A couple more images:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]