UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

b7537b7f3bfda491d6e8e0ccc094d0be.jpg
92ab4129a3ce277a8fa490dcad572eeb.jpg
647a4401051f34e507292f5d5c281931.jpg
b539c80a746350c349cbfda6b993b7a3.jpg

London - Manchester Express
a5582eba841b00ee2b078856d290a0fa.jpg

Lazy Summer days at Dingwall

I am slowly making progress on my transdem route between Inverness and the what-might-have-been line to Ullapool via Dingwall. Track is laid between Dingwall and Garve. Here in pre-grouping days one of edh6's Highland Jones Skye Bogie 4-4-0s bring the morning Ullapool train to Dingwall and captured just north of the junction with the far north line. There is a lot of scenery to do but I feel like posting something to convince myself that I am making some progress.

New shot with different consist and including the bogies!

Last edited:
I am slowly making progress on my transdem route between Inverness and the what-might-have-been line to Ullapool via Dingwall. Track is laid between Dingwall and Garve. Here in pre-grouping days one of edh6's Highland Jones Skye Bogie 4-4-0s bring the morning Ullapool train to Dingwall and captured just north of the junction with the far north line. There is a lot of scenery to do but i feel like posting something to convince myself that I am making some progress.

Very nice! Hopefully SP2 will fix the disappearing bogies...

I had a suspicion it was a micro-lag with the video card, even though it is 4Gb Nvidia GTX970! I tried the shot again and took five attempts to get the bogies back in shot. Changed the train consist too. Good catch edh6, if it is a TANE "feature" I do hope that SP2 fixes it.

Last edited:
Excellent shots all :)

Hi Nexus, I know I created it but do you have any idea why my loco looks so sharp compared to everything else in that screenshot?
Have you altered anything? Is that in T:ANE?

I think its a combination of TANE settings and also the picture host (Flickr) as they add some sharpening when an image is shown at a reduced size .

I've been trying to get my content working on TANE. Still got some things to fathom out, though (I used Hellifield Station from S&C and it's apparently got an invalid mesh file in TANE).

I've gotta admit it makes the environment look so beautiful, and that's without playing around with graphics settings too much.
2017-06-12-165703.png

East of Méxeter Junction Station on the South Coast Mainline. In the background is Méxeter No.1 Tunnel, and after this is Méxeter station and junction.

2017-06-12-202536.png

A pair of Class 66s haul a large amount of ballast towards Lydham. Screenshot taken on West Ranch.

2017-06-12-203244.png

Silver Bridge on the South Plains Suburban Line. This is based on the section of the recently electrified Manchester-Liverpool Railway near to Eccles, where the railway runs alongside the M602 Motorway.

Now the question is, after spending months on this, do I bother starting again, or do I just change Hellifield station for something else? It's a fictional route so it doesn't really matter what station I use, however I've picked up some nice methods of texturing which make we want to start from scratch.

Through Coaches for Kingston Upon Hull

The eastern outskirts of Hull in the 1920s sees LNER D21 class 4-4-0 no. 1243 bringing a through coach portion from Kings Cross as part of a Doncaster to Hull train made up of a variety of gangway and non-gangway coaches. In the modern era, Hull has several direct expresses daily between Kings Cross and the port city. For much of its existence, the railway has not provided direct express trains. During the pre-grouping and LNER eras passengers travelling between the capital and Hull largely had to rely on through coaches attached to ECML trains bound for/coming from either West Yorkshire or Newcastle, detached/attached at Doncaster. In the 1920s all the coaches on the train were of pre-grouping origin. Andi06's LNER BTKs stand in for Gresley GNR-era BTKs and I have thrown in an ex-GCR Barnum Saloon 3rd to give some flavour of the variety. The latest Gresley build LNER coaches were not assigned to these workings. An ex-GNR BCK was usually one of the brake ends and a Howlden-era ex-GNR non-gangway BT often made up the other! The Howlden BT would be detached at Hull and worked back to Kings Cross overnight, probably mainly for parcels traffic. The evening Up BT departure was not an advertised passenger service and despite being discouraged from selling tickets, the clerks did sell them, with a quiet word to the intrepid passenger to change at Doncaster! This was because the BT would lie over at Doncaster for an hour, waiting to be attached to a mix of vans and coaches from various parts bound for London overnight, which was reached at 2:45 a.m.

The rear part of the train is made up of ex-NER non-gangway coaches, of 49ft and 52ft lengths, including two clerestories which ran on a diagram between Sheffield and Hull. The composite running between the two BTs has lavatory provision (CL). Doncaster shed had little to do with these trains. Hull Botanic Gardens had several ex-NER 4-4-0 classes and would soon get Gresley D49 4-4-0s while ex-GNR or GCR locos from Sheffield would also appear.

As ever, a lot of detailed information is thanks to sources such as Steve Banks.

Last edited:
Three shots in the countryside south of Ipswich on my WIP route.

Crossing the A14:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Passing Chapman's Grove:

Near Bourne Bridge:

R3

Hi mate, lovely shots. Where did you get that footbridge over the station from?

Top shots all. Paulzmay's road kit is fantastic isn't it?

Jamie

Thanks, I'm honoured! :D

Yeah, it's nice to have a road system where I'm not having to use different systems to have both motorways and normal roads, Paulzmay's tram stuff is amazing too.

The station is Golden's Bridge from the Metro-North/Harlem Route. The other stations on that line (search STN MN on the DLS, tick TRS2004 if they don't show up) have similar styled bridges. There's three bridges on the station and they're all part of the station's own mesh. The big orange bridge at the back which goes over the motorway is Sandusky_Bay_Bridge by bendorsey.

Back