UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

They're excellent reskins, thank you euromodeller.

When you say '1st gen DMU's' don't forget the real 1st gen BR DMU's i.e. the 'Derby Lightweight' whose presence in Trainz is noted by its total absence! I would love to see a model of this in Trainz.

So much more elegant looking than any boring DMU that came after it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Derby_Lightweight

Rob.

Last edited:
A couple of WIP shots.

Firstly, looking south from just beyond the end of the platforms at Dalmeny station and second, looking north from more or less the same spot towards Dalmeny station and the Forth Bridge beyond.

48163967131_bebb36bd55_b.jpg

48164045482_f58d8229da_b.jpg

66020069_10217041780469201_6854495971640868864_o.jpg

A damp summer afternoon at Sowling as a 31 arrives on a local service after the DMU failed. Beside it is one of the shunters based there having just tripped a rake of cement tanks down the short branch from the cement works.

Plenty of greenery sprouting up!

Selby Coalfield - Milford yard

Class 56 in Coal Sector livery stops at Milford yard for a crew change on a rake of eastbound empties.

Selby Coal 1990 - A Work in progress

A work in progress, Selby Coal 1990. Very early days. A Class 56 MGR train of 32 loaded HAA hoppers from Gascoigne Wood bound for Drax power station near Goole in Yorkshire. Passing the site of Burton Salmon station while running on the metals of what was formerly the N.E.R. Knottingley branch. The station was a two platform affair on the N.E.R. "York to Normanton" line, which are the two tracks to the left side of the shot. The station was opened in 1839 by the York & North Midland Railway on their Castleford to York line and was closed by British Railways in 1959. This is a section of track with a long history. The "old main line" of the Y. & N.M.R. ran from the Midland Railway's Normanton station via Castleford and through Burton Salmon and past South Milford towards York. From July 1st 1840 passengers from York could reach London in 14 hours, leaving at 7:30 a.m. In 1854 the York, Newcastle & Berwick Railway, Leeds Northern Railway and York & North Midland Railway merged to form the North Eastern Railway, becoming at that time, the largest railway in Great Britain, with 703 route miles. Back to "1990" - Not much scenery placed yet and probably some tweaking to do on the alignment.

Last edited:
Great shots everyone!

TRS2019Scenery.jpg

Not posted anything recently. Some progress on my route. Cornish scenery in TRS2019 East of Truro, rebuilt using LIDAR data between Par and Truro, as well as adding extra baseboards North and South, and TurfFX added.

Mark

A work in progress - Knottingley Station on my route "Selby Coal 1990". So far I have trackwork down between Selby, Gascoigne Wood, Castleford, Pontefract, Ferrybridge Power Station and Knottingley.

Something I've been working on today, not London Underground but was once!

Can you guess what line??

bZ5fQ98h.jpg

Early stages of the mesh. still got lots to do!

R

If its Crossrail you will probable be finished long before it. Looking good. Peter
hahahaha Wouldn't put it past! I've been down in Crossrail Paddington Station (somewhere next to the running tunnels) and it was no way near complete, they where still doing some concrete work from what i could see - It was early? last year at some point so..but i thought to myself then, if it'd be completed in time. - Just to clarify i'm not a engineer for Crossrail, i was down there fixing a copier! :hehe:

Anyways its the Northern City Line tunnel, hence the Class 313 :D Which was part of the Northern Line (Highbury Branch).

A more updated shot:

hEhmtJ7h.jpg

R

Some more of St Marys Hoo, at the end of the line at Allsaints Hoo. Since my last round of screenshots of this route, I decided to extend the route and push the era forward to late 80s to mid 90s.
KXJ9Oku.jpg

A VEP deposits you at Allsaints Hoo, on the right is Mimms and Son coal merchants, occupying the former goods yard. Which still recieves regular rail bourne traffic. Allsaints remote location means central heating hasn't been adopted in many houses.

N1smKfa.jpg

A view along the platform, including the long defunct Platform 2.

m7D04vO.jpg

A view of the Station Hotel, the carpark of which has been witness to many a Millwall related scrap.

ZMTdoqv.jpg

Having crossed the road and panned the camera round, on the left is the premises of Mimms and Son, the phonebox is new having replaced the previous heavily vandalised example, although how long this one will remain pristine is questionable.

Some WIP shots of Edinburgh Waverely station. The west side of the station is mostly done. The main problem is trying to cobble together something which looks close enough, using existing assets. I hope it should be recognisable to anyone familiar with the station.

Cheers,
Innis

48394697167_d80ef46b13_b.jpg

48394696997_63b3401bf9_b.jpg

48394558196_1aacb9b4d3_b.jpg

48394696597_eaf9226cfd_b.jpg

48394557881_976bbca350_b.jpg

48394696367_4b71d6ed80_b.jpg

48394696252_804c209945_b.jpg

Back