UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Great Shots all,
Now to show off a new addition to London Underground Trainz

34oyqfs.jpg

I think I just fainted. Have you been working on this in secret the whole time? This is an amazing shot! Nice job!
~ Eric :)
I think that it was Bird_d00 who made it, and I think that Snakelight is BETA testing it.
EDIT:
It is actually on TPR right now.

Last edited:
I had a nice letter from N3V Towers last night, which I'm sure will solve the problem with registering and downloading content, so thanks to all with that. Here's another closed station I'm working on. I have no photos of the place, but it is OK for my purposes. Most of the splines are FMA. The retaining wall will easily bend to form ninety degrees, or more, or less, but you may need to use the rail straightening tool. Regards, Dave

30401_0027_zpseaa873f5.jpg

30401_0028_zps31fb29ff.jpg

30401_0032_zps262daa25.jpg

Last edited:
Did a bit of landscaping. It helps to merge with a board with plenty of useful content on it so that you can copy and paste trees and textures, for instance. You can delete that board later.

a0001_zps9acb12a9.jpg

a0003_zps4c210797.jpg

a0005_zps9d3f0b61.jpg

a0009_zps4971d8fd.jpg

a0013_zps43682814.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my god! Liverpool Street and the most nostalgic era for me! Please say you'l let this free sometime so I can tinker and relive my past? :p At least more shots hehe!

Must be a generational thing. My era takes in class 302s, 305s, 307s, 308s, 309s and 312s - complete with the original pre-vandalised station :)

@escafeld

Nice grimy shots Dave!

Can I please ask what the high wall rising from the platforms is?

I thought I had all of the FMA wall splines but don't recognise that one.

Cheers
Casper

Must be a generational thing. My era takes in class 302s, 305s, 307s, 308s, 309s and 312s - complete with the original pre-vandalised station :)

Well it's my age of course. My memories are from when I first got to get trains to London, which would have been the FGE/Anglia era with 86's, although I spent a few times on the platform at Colchester when much younger, but don't really remember it.. if I did i'm sure it would have been of good things :(

Dave wrote:
> It helps to merge with a board with plenty of useful content on it so that you can copy and paste trees and textures, for instance. You can delete that board later.

That is a really good idea! I must remember that one.

As to Davie's and Electra's "eras", mine in pre-WWII. I was born in 1946, but BR was already running down steam (in all senses) by the time I was aware and I hankered for an earlier, cleaner, more romantic steam era. During the war the trains were even more dowdy and so 1938 is "my time". I was brought up in Southern Railway territory. Until I was 7, I lived two minutes walk from a pedestrian railway crossing at Ashtead near Epsom where I fancy I remember a "West Country" or "Battle of Britain" passing and then we lived on the South Downs above Clayton Tunnel where I could see the steam from the tunnel vents, but, sadly, not the trains that produced the steam! But I also seem to be really nostalgic about GWR Chocolate and Cream (and particularly the Autotrains with the 14xx loco in the middle. I feel sure we were on holiday in the West Country at some time and I was exposed to God's Wonderful Railway.

In compensation for making you endure my nostalgic ramblings here's a screenshot of one of the aforesaid GWR Autotrains, at an autumnal Boscarne Junction, passing a China Clay train waiting for a clear line to Bodmin Road (now Bodmin Parkway) and then on to Fowey Docks. (It's a modified Restormel Castle route).

Peter.
GWR_Autotrain_&_Goods_Boscarne.jpg

Another representation of a closed Lincolnshire station finished and another started. Rail is used to mark boundaries to finish later

April220130402_0005_zpsd9684aee.jpg

This dairy transported milk by rail, but I'm not sure how it got from the dairy to the train and how it was transported. There's nothing on the Old-maps site. Also need to add a yard gate and a weigh office to the site opposite the goods shed.

April220130402_0002_zps0c4bea08.jpg

The Down building should be a shelter, so must change that when I come across something suitable. I need a secretary to weed out the unwanted content so I can find stuff I want. :hehe:

April220130402_0004_zps12d02a30.jpg

April220130402_0003_zpsaaeb8a80.jpg

Last edited:
@escafeld

Nice grimy shots Dave!

Can I please ask what the high wall rising from the platforms is?

I thought I had all of the FMA wall splines but don't recognise that one.

Cheers
Casper

Hi Casper and thanks. Sorry, have just spotted this. PC isn't on yet, so will update you later. All I remember of it is 'Retaining wall' but trust me I'll post the kuid on here.

Regards

Dave

Hi Casper, the kuid is - FMA UK elevating sidewall 07,<kuid:149987:30126>

I can PM you the full list I've got of FMA stuff. I'm not saying I've got their full list, but a list of everything of theirs I've downloaded.

I've just added a cross-over from one curved rail to another, I think you will agree that it looks pretty good. I will shortly be adding a fool-proof way of doing it to the Tip & Tricks thread. NOTE - this tip has been added.

20130403_09_zps6a26ff22.jpg

Last edited:
Back