UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

2995Valliant, your screenshots are superb. Please keep posting them and don't listen to people with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

Innis

The WSR assets should now be freely available, they're old and in need of updating, perhaps someone can do this, but, whilst they're in the grips of your selfish possession, they're lost!!

We look forward to you buying the rights, updating the assets and releasing them for free.

We look forward to you buying the rights, updating the assets and releasing them for free.

Not in my lifetime!

Sorry to take the thread off topic, I knew I would get some flak for my comments but I can take it and standby my comments! Here's a screenshot to redress the balance and bring it all back on topic, I don't apologize for the subject matter!

A8tBWA7.jpg

Rob.

Oh I forgot-
Ardaeshir: the route is set in the Western Region of British Railways in the late 1950's or early 1960's. So basically the south-west of England or most of Wales. Place names will be fictitious.

Thanks for letting me know. It looks very interesting, I have a soft spot for the British 60s - its a very iconic "era of transition" moment that makes for a variety of engines on a route.

Evening all,

Still very much a WIP, here we see the morning DMU service from Norden approach Swanage station, framed nicely by the stone roadbridge.
2v16zko.jpg

I'll admit, I haven't done much on the route at all at the moment - I go through bursts of inspiration and then seem to lose energy, and then have another burst and so on... I'm hoping this is the beginning of another burst to continue working on this route allowing me to post some half decent pictures!
Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
pacers anyone?
slenderman8888_20180531_0000.jpg

and also where could i find some northern stock that is in the new livery because all the northern content from the DLS is in the old 2004-2016 paint job with the old logo

Sometimes I like to let my older pre-grouping engines out to play. Edinburgh & Glasgow Rly No.23 heads up a train of NBR coaches.

qTycjgy.jpg

dx6Ae0V.jpg

Nice PLP is it a real or fictional route ?

Hi MF01,

It's a real route - the Swanage Railway, in Dorset, is an ex-LSWR branchline running from Wareham to Swanage.
I hope to (one day) release it on the DS. It's DEM, so pretty accurate, if I do say so myself!
Cheers,

PLP

Great shots everyone!

Spent the last 24hrs building this, the incinerator at Plymouth, I'm pleased with how it turned out :) It's right next to the railway line at the Northern end of Devonport Dockyard, and can clearly be seen from Weston Mill Viaduct. It gets lit up at night too with coloured lights, so I decided to add a night mode.

Incinerator02.jpg

Incinerator01.jpg

Incinerator03.jpg

Mark

...Spent the last 24hrs building this, the incinerator at Plymouth...

Interesting. I've just been reading about the plans to build an incinerator near ( very near! ) to my home town, Northwich, here in Cheshire - I'll bet that one won't be lit up at night!! Good model.

Rob.

Evening all,

BR standard class 2 41312 departs Swanage for Corfe Castle with the evening train:
H4Tw2nt.jpg

Gvuh0Ou.jpg

T2DZBNX.jpg

On its way out, we see it perfectly framed by the Northbrook Road bridge before seeing it pass the carriage sidings just prior to leaving Swanage station.
I know Swanage doesn't have a 2MT, but until I find a suitable 4MT it'll have to do!

Cheers,

PLP

Back