UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

More excellent shots of St. Ives, marky7890.

In the past when we've visited St. Ives the Mrs. and I parked at Lelant Saltings and got the train in to St. Ives. This last September (2019) we discovered that the service had been finished, GWR not stopping at Lelant so we had to find parking in St. Ives!

Beautiful part of the world.

Rob.

The Park and Ride has now been moved to St Erth station (as of May last year), the junction for the branch and next to the A30, the car park has been rebuilt and a huge extra car park to the South opened, the ticket office has been rebuilt inside so its larger and the Branch bay platform made twice as wide to allow for more passengers.

Lelant (village) Station gets more trains stopping throughout the day, only a 10 minute walk further up the line so Lelant Saltings doesn't really need to exist anymore, so just has 2 early morning services.

Last edited:
The Park and Ride has now been moved to St Erth station (as of May last year), the junction for the branch and next to the A30, the car park has been rebuilt and a huge extra car park to the South opened, the ticket office has been rebuilt inside so its larger and the Branch bay platform made twice as wide to allow for more passengers.

Lelant (village) Station gets more trains stopping throughout the day, only a 10 minute walk further up the line so Lelant Saltings doesn't really need to exist anymore, so just has 2 early morning services.

Thanks for the info, we'll bear it mind for our next trip to Cornwall.

Rob.

49645107443_7b4d333b52_h.jpg

Cheers.

I actually modernised a lot of it a couple of years ago, pre TANE. It's just a case of polishing it now to bring it up to TANE standard.

Innis

Great shots all!

2020-03-21_204209.jpg

High tide in the Hayle estuary. A pair of 150s seen at Lelant Saltings.

2020-03-21_204644.jpg

Lelant Saltings station

2020-03-21_205421.jpg

Carbis Bay

Mark

Some time ago I began an update of the Welney & Umneth Tramway and decided to create a summer version. The Screenshots below are from the initial attempt....I've since gone back and changed all the trees again (as you'll see later).

I confess it's taken me longer than I'd anticipated. It's pretty straight forward to complete an agricultural landscape when all the fields are covered in snow. But for the summer I've had to texture each field individually......and there must 100's of fields to cover on the route!

Firstly, the revamped Kings Dyke Station and Goods Yard before heading off down the Fen.....

49687985757_0589311715_b.jpg
[/url]W&U Summer 1 by Chris Wallis, on Flickr[/IMG]

49687986207_442cccbcf6_b.jpg
[/url]W&U Summer 2 by Chris Wallis, on Flickr[/IMG]

49687684406_8bbae4c16a_b.jpg
[/url]W&U Summer 3 by Chris Wallis, on Flickr[/IMG]

49687986662_9ddab33bcc_b.jpg
[/url]W&U Summer 4 by Chris Wallis, on Flickr[/IMG]

High tide in the Hayle estuary. A pair of 150s seen at Lelant Saltings...

Lelant Saltings station...

Carbis Bay...

All pics deleted

Mark

Great shots of Lelant Saltings in post #18025 by marky7890 - probably the only way we'll be seeing the St Ives area for the foreseeable future!

Rob.

1990 Hillam Gates, Yorkshire

Provincial Class 150 passes Hillam Gates crossing between Monk Fryston and Burton Salmon in Yorkshire.

The 150, optimistically has a destination blind for Cardiff but this service is one of the infrequent stopping passenger trains between York and Sheffield over the Pontefract branch via Pontefract Baghill. The other pair of tracks are the Normanton branch, which are normally freight only, but are used now and then for diversions if the line through Garforth is closed for engineering work. The line was part of the "old main line", the first line from the south to reach York.

Class 56 Coal Sector returning to Gascoigne Wood via Milford yard passes over Hillam Gates crossing.

Last edited:
Back