UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Surveyor 2.0 is certainly useful and a powerful tool with a lot of potential, although it is a steep learning curve.

Great shots on here recently. @Paulper, which streetlights are you using in your evening scene above?

Cheers,

PLP

Sorry for the delay. Search for 'ZiuT street lamp' on the DLS.

Great shots all! One from me of a general view of Corfe Castle with a steam train approaching platform 2:
KWSQ9jF.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Some very nice screenshots on here as of late, good to see the thread still kicking!

Some from me of 563 on a Norden - Swanage service:
p7cShFv.jpg

wnok7Re.jpg

gud21Ss.jpg

SWMDiGo.jpg

c9pntp9.jpg

I8XUMpu.jpg

L1j1LEI.jpg

OWcoUhw.jpg

And one of a session I am currently working on; Classic Transport Rally:
REWvNBJ.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Looking east from the Philipstoun area, an ex-Inverness HST travels the main Edinburgh - Glasgow line on a fine afternoon, the M9 running almost parallel to the left.

52072560624_c5cc0f1819_h.jpg

Last edited:
Still here. Some really good shots on here recently. Very nice work on Edinburgh-Glasgow, pfx. Swanage looking excellent, PLP- nice to see a few lineside weeds appearing :)

Ipswich harbour branch WIP
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Great shots as usual from yourself too Rumour3, it's always a pleasure to see your routes. Yours all have your trademark look about them that make them undeniably yours so it was this that inspired me to start way back when at cresting realistic looking routes.

Incidentally, could you tell me the kuid of the railing you have used on your bridge if it's not too much trouble? It looks perfect for some seen at Swanage.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Still here. Some really good shots on here recently. Very nice work on Edinburgh-Glasgow, pfx. Swanage looking excellent, PLP- nice to see a few lineside weeds appearing :)

Ipswich harbour branch WIP

R3
Nice map r3, it's greatly detailed

A fairly sizeable 16-road freight yard inspired by classic American yards, but designed for a UK-themed route complete with OLE for electric freight-hauled trains. In my route/world, moves between major freight hubs is done using electric traction between yards like this, where trains are split and/or have power changed to allow them to reach their final destinations under diesel power where necessary.
2022-04-16-194126.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots. Are they taken on the ECML route?

Out of interest, and to add a little more to the thread, I decided to try and recreate one of them on my Edinburgh Glasgow route for comparison. The main difference is there's OHLE on the through lines along with a bit more traffic.
*snip*

Sorry for quoting such an old post but may I ask if you modded your Deltics to get the high intensity headlight coronas in the correct places? Since on the ones I have the corona attachment points seem to be too low relative to the high intensity headlight meshes.

It definitely isn't a modification as that's beyond my ken. Sometimes I do a bit of image editing to add in a marker light or tail light corona that sometimes isn't there at all. Maybe I've done that with the headlight on the Deltic you're asking about. I'll check next time I'm using Trainz and let you know.

***EDIT*** Checked three different versions of the Deltic and all three have the corona in the correct position.

Cheers,
Innis

Last edited:
After spending a few days experimenting with some more custom displacement maps I had a go at rebuilding a specific section of my current route (technically the last iteration of it). The changes make a more realistic looking terrain along with better track geometry to allow trains to cross the pass at higher speeds. When I saw the video that triggered the inspiration to emulate the valley on the WCML north of Grayrigg, I'd grossly underestimated the speeds trains actually ran at, so my latest revision has much higher curve radius, which was conveniently permitted by the new terrain which was, in fact, a total accident that I hadn't intended. I was originally going to re-make this with the 60mph and suitable sharper radius curves limit as opposed to the newer 95mph limit. I also used a gap in the new terrain to incorporate a dam (haven't decided whether or not this is gonna be hyrdoelectric or for drinking water (or even both) yet).
BEFORE:
2020-11-03-002958.jpg

AFTER:
2022-05-28-200740.jpg

There's still a lot of work to do putting trees in the valleys and more detailing of the hills with rocky textures on the steep faces, but it looks like it is going to turn out significantly better looking.

PLUS
: I finally learned that you can lay a displacement map on a temporary section of baseboard, and then copy/paste the height using the add mode instead of replace mode to superimpose said displacement onto existing terrain, meaning I can fill gaps between displacement map boundaries to make it look like continuous hills. Alternatively you can use the same method to double the height of a displacement map if it's not tall enough for you.

Very few UK shots seem to be appearing these days (this was once one of the most active threads in the screenshot forum) and maybe I'm imagining it, but are there less UK Trainzers around too?

Anyway, a move I'm not sure ever happened - A Voyager passes Larbert (WIP) en route to Edinburgh.

52124375364_4c5e355633_h.jpg

Back