UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

The BR blue values that I've used for my reskins are:
R 0.0
G 67.0
B 76.0
html 00434c

This version is in use for the Class 25, 44, 45, 46 locos, class 107, 116, 117, 121 DMUs and Mk2C and Mk3A coaches. It would be nice to see these locos match that.

Paul
Hi Paul

Those RGB values are where I started, but PBR textures look somewhat different and I'm working through how best to make the textures sit well with non-PBR stock. I've spent a few hours now experimenting and I think I'm just about happy with this:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This uses the RGB values you've specified, but with an AO bake overlay in my image editor (Corel Photo-paint) set to subtract 100%.

R3

To my eye, and on this monitor, your new one looks like the ex-works paint job in that lineup. What happens if you desaturate it just a little bit?

Thanks for the input everyone. Tried desaturating by around 20% but, to my eye, it didn't make a lot of difference. I've had another play around this morning, and, although conventional wisdom seems to be that there's no red component in Rail Blue, adding a bit of red gets me closer to other models. I'm now at RGB 28 60 70 (sampled from one of the existing 47 models) and I think I'm happy enough with it now:

R3

That looks absolutely fantastic R3, massive well done. I've always had a soft spot for the 47s in blue.

It just shows what can be done using the latest techniques.

Cheers,

PLP

Great stuff Rumour, that looks about as good as you're going to get. Interesting about impact of PBR textures on what we thought were 'standard' RGB values for liveries. And the issue of running PBR and non-PBR models together in the same consists. Your new class 47 looks very exciting - now we need new PBR Mk1s and Mk2s to go with it!

Paul

Thanks all. Wonderful shots of Looe, Mark, as always. I was supposed to be in St Ives this week with a trip on the Night Riviera, but the trip was cancelled due to the strike :(. Your shots inspired me to take the 47 for a spin on your outstanding Cornish Railways route, in this case on the Newquay branch.

R3

It certainly does! My only adverse reaction would be that the bodyside looks a little 'flat' and 'matt' - I would hope with PBR texturing that you would get a more realistic metallic and dappled bodyside.

Paul

That Class 47 looks incredible, Rumour3! Another addition to your already incredible library of British diesels. Even though I live in the US, I do much prefer the railways of Western Europe, and especially Britain, and your representation of one of my favorite diesels is evident of that! Seriously, an incredible job you've done on the Class 47. I do agree a bit with Paul with the PBR material used - maybe give it a bit more of an effect you'd see on the actual loco? Either way, incredible model!

I was originally intending to just create a catalogue of the various British EMUs I have downloaded from the DLS over the years so I could decide which to use on my various routes but it became a bigger task and has resulted in this project, I guess a virtual transport museum as I have buses, aircraft, even ships (to follow if anyone is interested) but I thought the rail vehicles first may be of interest to some of you - let me know your thoughts. I am intending to have every British EMU available from the DLS here, my era was intended to be up until the end of Network South East and privatisation of BR but some of the units have post-BR livery.
I am intending to add DMUs as well in the future, there are a couple here already and a few locos.

BR-Southern-Region-EMUS-including-the-iconic-Brighton-Belle..jpg

view_media_post

view_media_post

DC-EMUs.jpg

First-generation-BR-AC-EMUS.jpg

BR%2FSR-EMUs.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gary

Back