UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

I agree. It's shaping up to be a very nice looking town.

Thanks all, that means a lot to me. I'm really not very good at this (yet) as I've only had the software for a few short months, but I'm learning a little more each time.

Now, if I can just get over my obsession with sticking a ladder yard in every time I have a spare square mile...

A good example of a route to study and learn from is borderreiver's BCR Reedsmouth to Bellingham. Not a large layout but perfectly landscaped and the detail is second to none, it's a fantastic route to run on, lots of very photogenic spots for screenshots - not limited to NER & NBR as intended!

It must have taken the patience of Job to make that layout!

Rob.

Last edited:
A good example of a route to study and learn from is borderreiver's BCR Reedsmouth to Bellingham. Not a large layout but perfectly landscaped and the detail is second to none, it's a fantastic route to run on, lot's of very photogenic spots for screenshots - not limited to NER & NBR as intended!

It must have taken the patience of Job to make that layout!

Rob.

I'll check that out - thank you.

Some track work:

Qpa5w9U.png

TRBNMi8.png

P7L8n8q.png

And yes I know the power poles shouldn't be there, my 1860's rolling stock was just borrowing my layout for a short while to have a run about.

e7YbytQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, yes they're my own tracks and ballast texture, not on the DLS yet since I made them to test out different colours and what 2D sleepered track would look like, though I intend to release them at some point (as with pretty much everything I make!) The ground textures are mostly cl grass and some by dannyb809 (I use the ones called A5, A38 and A39 a lot). I also use TUME street textures for concrete areas and domsarto's wonderful field textures.

Hi thisischeese (Scott).
Love your latest screenshots. Nice composition.
I'm reminded that you posted shots of Stratford back on page 1105 and I wrote about the availability of some of the items used.
You replied at the time:
nicke, the shopping centre and the bridge are all assets I made just for that route. I'll put them on the DLS in future but I'm still making some adjustments to them currently - I've still also got a further few Westfield buildings I want to model so it makes sense to release them together. The same with the far canopies, they're in the works and intended to go on the DLS.

Are you still intending to put these items on the DLS?
Cheers
NickE

@KotangaGirl Thanks for your kind comment!

@nicke Thanks, and yes I still plan to. There's a lot of content to make for my route, alongside building the route itself, and only so much spare time to do it in. Sometimes certain areas of the project get pushed back if I procrastinate or just work on other areas, I can only model so much city before I crave to model some countryside. I'll be sure to try and brush up certain assets like the canopies and such next time I'm working on that area (it also helps that Google Earth now has 3D imagery of Stratford so I can see details I previously missed, so I don't have to spend hours trying to find decent reference photos!). The same goes for any of my other content in my shots not currently released.

Thanks for the reply Scott.
Have places on my layout for those items I mentioned - so happy to await their availability.
I have a week in England coming up in June - based in Exeter and doing daily rail trips through Cornwall and Devon + Cardiff..
Travelling to Exeter from Southampton and Exeter to Heathrow by rail as well. Really looking forward to seeing the British rail system first hand, rather than via videos.
Thanks and best wishes
NickE

Back