Page 1136 of 1152 FirstFirst ... 136636103610861126113411351136113711381146 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,040 of 17268

Thread: UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Thanks both,

@robd, Yes absolutely, I'm only using assets that are on the DLS or built in, but will double check before I upload the route, as I intend to do. I will (hopefully) create some sessions to go with it, but they of course won't contain any payware assets, be it stock or otherwise.

Cheers,

PLP
    Working to create heritage railways from around the UK for T:ANE.

It's been a while since I've posted any screenshots, or even find the time to crack on with any route building, looking at the screenshots, I feel really behind the times. I'm still stuck in the age of non-procedural track and having 1024px wide images. I really need to have a look at playing with post processing and environment settings.

Route inspired by my recent Honeymoon to Kent, (imaginative I know) currently making short branch line based on Simon Glidewell's Saint Mary Hoo, well worth a look: http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/inde...ird-rail.4198/. Anyway the line is geographically based on a truncated version of the Allhallows Branch on the Hoo Pennisula in Kent. The backstory being most of the Allhallows branch was closed in 1961, however a short 3/4 mile section survived as far as Stoke due to a CEGB connection to Grain Power Station existing there, and was even electrified.
    Anyway the screenshot above is looking south, the line on the left is the CEGB line to Grain Power Station, in the centre can be seen Stoke Station, as can be seen the Allhallows truncated line is in the foreground with a sleeper for a buffer, and to the right is the remnants of the goods yard, in the distance can be seen the bridge carrying the CEGB access road to the coal wharf, which I intend to create later on.

TMZ06003's version of WENs 4w Fowler shunter, makes it's way back from the coal wharf, towards Grain Power Station, as seen in the background, in the afternoon sun. The truncated track for Allhallows can be seen in the foreground. I will admit upon checking the history of the area, Grain Power Station wasn't opened until 1975 and with the branch being set in the late 60s, early 70s, however there was an oil refinery there from 1952 until the 80s, so I may change it over to that.

Jayhollands excellent 2-BIL basks in the early morning sunlight, ready to depart with the 7.07am for Gravesend. The station only sees 4 departures a day with no weekend service, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
    Of note before anyone mentions it, the landscape is intentionally flat, anyone who's knows typical estuary landscape would agree, these areas are often as flat as a board.

The other end of the 7.07 Gravesend. Stoke station is approximately half a mile away from the the village and the Power Station, in either direction.

Interesting screenshots and don't worry about all that post processing stuff or the lack of it your screenshots look fine.

The Allhallows branch had an interesting history and was pretty much an economic failure, but the unusual landscape certainly makes for a modelling project with a difference.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon Workstation E5320 quad core, 16GB RAM, 500Gb Hard drive, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Win 7.

I used to visit the Isle of Grain at the eastern end of the Hoo peninsula on oil tankers many years ago when the BP oil refinery was open there, which put a considerable amount of tanker traffic on to the railway if I correctly remember the number of wagons standing in the sidings. I think that the pub in Grain village was called "the Hogarth". The screenshots look sufficiently "desolate" with it being quite a flat area.

Hello everybody, i'm back with some new screenshots.

HP XW8400 Xeon Workstation E5320 quad core, 16GB RAM, 500Gb Hard drive, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Win 7.

Hello peoples, moar set of screenshots from me today.

Excuse the signal lighting...

James M, creator of the

network

Some more of my Isle of Grain based route St Marys Hoo/Stoke

Whilst holidaying at Allhallows I rode my bike to Stoke Station in time to see one of Kent Refinery's Sentinel shunters trundling towards the lightermans wharf with some oil barrels, around midday where they'll be loaded onto a lightermans barge to be transported further up the Thames to London.

A little later in the day after I'd stopped off at the village pub half a mile away, I returned to Stoke Station, this view is looking north where you can see the remnants of the goods yard, and the remains of the truncated line North to Allhallows.

Looking east towards Kent Refinery (After doing a bit of research I'd decided to replace the power station as that wouldn't be opened until 1979), Despite this being 1975, the BR corporate image hasn't quite reached Stoke yet, with the original SR sign and concrete lamp still in place.

The burbling of 33002 breaks the silence as it rumbles into Stoke with some empties, which will be dropped off, then taken by the refinery shunter to be filled with petcoke later.

Once again looking north to Allhallows, due to the short distance between the entrance points and the 'sleeper stop', the train needs to be split before it's shunted into the sidings.

Another view of 33002 shunting.

Evening all,

Some beautiful shots on here, I've been away for the last two weeks but I've been keeping up with the thread, and safe to say I'm impressed as ever by the quality of the shots!
    Just a few from me tonight, I've been playing with the ambience lighting a bit and trying to find something similar to the summer nigths we're currently experiencing - here's what I have so far.

Swanage station in the evening, devoid of passengers who after enjoying a day on a steam train have gone home for the night. Here we see J94 75050 heading a small goods train out of Swanage before retiring for the night:

Cheers,

PLP
    Last edited by PortLineParker; July 12th, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
    Working to create heritage railways from around the UK for T:ANE.

Part of a large layout I'm doing just to practice stuff on - hence the mix of modern and semaphore signals: I'm still no good at this, but I think I'm slowly improving.

An old abandoned industry and sidings. These sorts of places fascinate me:

Last edited by GreyAreaUK; July 13th, 2018 at 01:25 AM.

Practise makes perfect greyareauk. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Another from my 'just noodling about' layout: