Approaching St Ives

2020-04-14_204741.jpg

St Ives harbour

2020-04-14_204812.jpg

St Ives harbour from above

2020-04-14_202630.jpg

And finally a 150 at Lelant station.

Mark

More of a diorama than an ongoing route Deptford Creek, this is an idea I'd eventually like to turn into a model railway. and like all good model railways it must have a backstory. The idea is based around an extension of the East London Line from a point just north of New Cross, to Deptford, and an extension from the LCDR Greenwich Park Branch, with the aim of serving the various industries along the Deptford Creek. The East London Line already had ideas of running to Greenwich however disagreements with the SER meant they had to settle for running workmans trains from Deptford rather than attracting the more salubrious custom from Greenwich.

IyrH6xc.jpg

LT A Stock ticks over while waiting to depart for Whitechapel.

6NUATGP.jpg

Looking from the Platform, North, on the left is the derelict Deptford Power Station closed in the eighties. On the far right is the T.Coshams Scrapyard, on the site of the former LCDR Docks and warehousing. The foreground platform is served by an hourly BR shuttle to Peckham.

mzavRF0.jpg

Your typical Deptford back street, be sure to hide your camera sharpish, you get some nerdowells round ere.

59xZVxh.jpg

A veiw looking Southwest over the Deptford Creek, with a better view of the scrapyard and power station.

Great shots all!

Thanks for your kind comments everyone :)

Some scenic shots on the Cornish mainline between Marazion and Par.

2020-04-17_221940.jpg

Rebuilt this section today, Marazion marshes with St Micheal's Mount in the background.

2020-04-17_223750.jpg

The North coast at Hayle with the estuary behind.

2020-04-17_223811.jpg

Higher up with St Ives seen in the far distance on the right, I love this section of the route.

2020-04-17_223920.jpg

Climbing still over the Angarrack Viaduct.

2020-04-17_224017.jpg

Almost at the top of the hill near Gwinear Road crossing, St Ives bay visible in the far distance, The line of trees behind the 158 being the where the Hayle Railway ran.

2020-04-17_231430.jpg

Central Cornwall near at St Austell with the China Clay waste mounds behind.

2020-04-17_231449.jpg

Looking East at St Austell towards the bay.

2020-04-17_232329.jpg

The village of Par with St Blazey in the distance, and high ground above which the Newquay branch runs on.

Mark

Superb shots Mark!

A 150 south of Winchburgh, on the approach to the Almond Valley viaduct with a north bound HST is visible in the distance and on the right, Niddry bing provides the backdrop.

49788380702_5513d1fb15_h.jpg

The only difference between 'Executive' and 'Swallow' was the logo. The colours were the same but the font and swallow were added in 1987.

The only difference between 'Executive' and 'Swallow' was the logo. The colours were the same but the font and swallow were added in 1987.

And let's not forget that it has less yellow than the original Executive which was a black version of the original BR blue livery. If you put all three BR HST liveries, the original Executive one looks like a transition from blue to Swallow.

I have long held the view that the HST/Class 43 and Mk3 coaches need to be brought in to the TS12 era, if not the T:ANE/TRS19 era.
A real challenge will be producing the plethora of post-1993 privatisation liveries though.
I'd be happy for there to be a start with the original BR IC Blue Grey and the Executive Liveries.
In my opinion this is surely a job for N3V to tackle.
It seems that they have seriously fallen away from building UK Outline stuff.
The upcoming Class 153 DMU might herald a change coming.
I wonder if they realise that the single car 153s were created from the 155 two-car units?
Personally I would have prefered a Class 101 three car DMU but a second generation DMU unit is still welcome.

This is where I'd really love to be able to work with modelling software. A lot of the available UK stock is now pretty elderly and it shows. Most of the creators of the original rolling stock have long since left Trainz for other interests or platforms. The HST stock I'm using for the screenshot above is from Railwaves and how long ago was that site active? When it comes to rolling stock, N3V don't appear to be offering much beyond the forthcoming 153 for modern UK users. Fortunately, there are a few stalwarts still creating or adapting existing assets for the UK market.

If I am to be totally honest, I only persevere with TANE as I like building routes.

I'm just stuck with TANE, but I however think the Railwaves HST is ahead of its time and it's like the VMD F45 diesel that N8PHU is currently working on. I apologize for slightly going off topic with that comparison, but I just see this HST model should be able to come back since it's not terribly outdated like the original Auran HST and it's better in detail than the N3V redesigned HST. Yes, the new N3V HST is tolerable, but I think a more decent model should come in to make the virtual British Rail experience better. I'm not sure if the Railwaves Mk3s did have interior views or not since I never bought the original, but having those features could be an advantage over their fake windowed counterparts.

Last edited:
I think I’d seen a render of an HST power car in a newsletter? Looked a bit off but it was definitely a WIP, hopefully that project materializes.

Back