Dearnby and District

Some images of a new collaborative WIP:
1ptyUNK.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ejpHpYG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
TTs3dtP.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In shot 2 the bend on the lower platform lines looks very sever, or is it a trick of the trainz camera?
Great shots though, I especially like the first one, all hot and smokey activity, and the third is a great comparison in atmosphere.

Smashing set,
Chris.

What are the kuids for the DMU and the GWR carriages?

Thanks John

The DMU is payware and the coaches are Western Region liveried Mark 1s by Mike 10 based on the S&C meshes.

Meanwhile in Somerset:

42256759832_6fad3d870a_h.jpg

Industrial super power. The mainstay of the WSR's top link motive power from 1976 through the late 1980s were two large Bagnall 0-6-0 saddle tanks built in 1951 called Victor and Vulcan. They were a very advanced design with many features normally only found on mainline locos with a tractive effort higher than a Stanier Black Five.

The short wheelbase and small boiler meant they weren't ideal for working a 20 mile steeply graded GWR branch, and they were quickly earned the nickname 'Camel Class'. For all their shortcomings, a lot of us were (and still are) very fond of them and in the right hands they could perform very well.

With the Bristol Channel in the background, 2996 Victor is pictured crossing Ker Moor heading towards Blue Anchor.

Last edited:
Where can we buy that DMU please ?

I'm certain that DMU came with the long gone West Somerset Railway, aka WSR, payware route for Trainz. The WSR is no longer available.

A few years ago the DMU was subject to a facelift from Trainz user arrarial (sic) and was tantalisingly displayed and proposed as a payware item but it seems to have disappeared - what happened? I don't know.

2995Valliant allegedly has all the rights to the WSR content.

Luckily, for myself, I have the WSR and all of its content also, which includes the DMU - what is to stop me from releasing some of it ? Not that I would, just speculation!

The WSR, West Somerset Railway, is a preserved heritage railway in Somerset UK.

Rob.

Last edited:
I'm certain that DMU came with the long gone West Somerset Railway, aka WSR, payware route for Trainz. The WSR is no longer available.

A few years ago the DMU was subject to a facelift from Trainz user arrarial (sic) and was tantalisingly displayed and proposed as a payware item but it seems to have disappeared - what happened? I don't know.

2995Valliant allegedly has all the rights to the WSR content.

Luckily, for myself, I have the WSR and all of its content also, which includes the DMU - what is to stop me from releasing some of it ? Not that I would, just speculation!

The WSR, West Somerset Railway, is a preserved heritage railway in Somerset UK.

Rob.

As I believe I have explained to you before, there is no allegedly about it - I purchased the rights to the Railwaves content from Alan & Tom Williams along with the source files. Anyone else who is wondering what (other than respect for the law) it to stop them from releasing any Railwaves content kindly take note: breaches of copyright will be pursued, as the user who put a few scenery assets on the DLS knows.

The Class 117 DMU was the last project Arraial worked on for me and was effectively a new model by the end of it.

The updated freeware 117 was released just as we had almost completed it, so based on the poor sales of the Hymek and the various wagons we had produced we took the decision not to release any more models. I kept the website up for a year or two but closed it when the requirement to charge VAT on all automated online sales was introduced last year - by which time it was not covering its hosting costs.

As I believe I have explained to you before, there is no allegedly about it - I purchased the rights to the Railwaves content from Alan & Tom Williams along with the source files. Anyone else who is wondering what (other than respect for the law) it to stop them from releasing any Railwaves content kindly take note: breaches of copyright will be pursued, as the user who put a few scenery assets on the DLS knows.

The Class 117 DMU was the last project Arraial worked on for me and was effectively a new model by the end of it.

The updated freeware 117 was released just as we had almost completed it, so based on the poor sales of the Hymek and the various wagons we had produced we took the decision not to release any more models. I kept the website up for a year or two but closed it when the requirement to charge VAT on all automated online sales was introduced last year - by which time it was not covering its hosting costs.

So what are you doing with it all ? Keeping it under the bed for a rainy day?

Rob.

No, I keep it on my hard drive, and continue to develop the route and associated assets as my hobby. For reasons I am now remembering I don't post much in the way of progress shots on here.

However, as this is meant to be a screenshots rather than a history and copyright law thread, here's that pesky unavailable Class 117 on the WSR approaching Tribble Bridge on a late summer's day with a service to Minehead:

41407578095_002a8dcb72_h.jpg

No, I keep it on my hard drive, and continue to develop the route and associated assets as my hobby. For reasons I am now remembering I don't post much in the way of progress shots on here.

However, as this is meant to be a screenshots rather than a history and copyright law thread, here's that pesky unavailable Class 117 on the WSR approaching Tribble Bridge on a late summer's day with a service to Minehead:

Yes, nice screenshot, but all somewhat selfish and pointless!

Rob.

Thanks for all the comments....
Chris - you're right about that sharp curve. It was partly the angle of view but was definitely too sharp so it has now been eased.
We hope to post more screenshots fairly regularly before releasing v1.
neville_hill.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but as far as I am aware there is no rule that states content in screenshots on this thread must be available for public consumption. As for it being pointless, I often work well in excess of 60 hours a week, so in my opinion how I choose to spend my leisure time is my concern.

As this is a screenshots thread, I would have thought that a pretty picture was exactly the point of the thread. If that's just my view then fine, I'll stop (I don't need to post here) - but as far as I can recall no one has objected to my contributions over the years other than yourself.

D6566 passes Woolston with a short works train bound for Norton Fitzwarren in the autumn of 2017.

42262440222_9ea7ca100b_h.jpg

Oh I forgot-
Ardaeshir: the route is set in the Western Region of British Railways in the late 1950's or early 1960's. So basically the south-west of England or most of Wales. Place names will be fictitious.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but as far as I am aware there is no rule that states content in screenshots on this thread must be available for public consumption. As for it being pointless, I often work well in excess of 60 hours a week, so in my opinion how I choose to spend my leisure time is my concern.

As this is a screenshots thread, I would have thought that a pretty picture was exactly the point of the thread. If that's just my view then fine, I'll stop (I don't need to post here) - but as far as I can recall no one has objected to my contributions over the years other than yourself.

I don't think anyone would object to your screenshots, they're good!

The WSR assets should now be freely available, they're old and in need of updating, perhaps someone can do this, but, whilst they're in the grips of your selfish possession, they're lost!!

Rob.

Last edited:
@ Nathanmallard, post #16992 - A good shot of your WIP there. I have the Middleton Press book "Berwick to Drem - Scottish Main Lines" and your viewpoint in the screenshot is not far removed from plate 20 in the book.

Back