UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

East Suffolk Junction from the air:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And lineside:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Last edited:
The Royal Border bridge

The Royal Border bridge crossing the River Tweed at Berwick on the built-in King's Cross to Edinburgh route. Southbound HST about to pass a northbound Class 37 Co-Co with a rake of cement empties for Oxwellmains at Dunbar.

Unmodified Turk's Castle 1892 with The Iron Duke Fast News bound for Minehead.

Departing Taunton @ 7:00 AM

Slightly modified route

:D Please excuse any errors in terminology or consist make up.

Last edited:
It was forty years ago today

Ouston Junction in County Durham forty years ago during the 1970s. the BR Corporate Blue era. Deltic Class 55 55 011 "Royal Northumberland Fusiliers" of Gateshead shed heads the down 1N12 11:47 from Kings Cross for Newcastle.

A Class 37 comes off the Consett branch, bound from Consett Low Yard for Tyne Dock Yard with a short rake of BDO bogie bolsters loaded with steel plate. In the background two of Thornaby shed's Class 37s are about to cross the ECML bound for Consett's new rotary ore tippler with the afternoon iron ore train from Redcar. Its route was via Stockton, Ferryhill, Leamside to reach Washington, where it reversed to access the old Stanhope and Tyne line to South Pelaw. The Washington to South Pelaw link was mothballed in 1970, when Tyne Dock ore trains were diverted via Gateshead but in 1974 when ore traffic shifted to Redcar the link was re-opened for the PTA wagon equipped ore trains. The ore tippler at Consett required the train to arrive in the reverse order, so if either the Leamside route or the Washington - South Pelaw link was closed the ore train would run down the ECML to Tyne Yard and reverse there, reaching the branch via Ouston Junction.

55 011, formerly D9011 spent the entirety of its twenty year service life at the Tyneside shed, being withdrawn from there in November 1981. This scene would not long survive 55 011's withdrawal. Consett steel works closed during 1980 and the branch was lifted by the mid-80s, after being used to haul scrap away from the site. This is a clone of the TS12 built-in route Kings Cross to Newcastle with some minor tweaks.

Last edited:
Ouston Junction in County Durham forty years ago during the 1970s. the BR Corporate Blue era. Deltic Class 55 55 011 "Royal Northumberland Fusiliers" of Gateshead shed heads the down 1N12 11:47 from Kings Cross for Newcastle.

A Class 37 comes off the Consett branch, bound from Consett Low Yard for Tyne Dock Yard with a short rake of BDO bogie bolsters loaded with steel plate. In the background two of Thornaby shed's Class 37s are about to cross the ECML bound for Consett's new rotary ore tippler with the afternoon iron ore train from Redcar. Its route was via Stockton, Ferryhill, Leamside to reach Washington, where it reversed to access the old Stanhope and Tyne line to South Pelaw. The Washington to South Pelaw link was mothballed in 1970, when Tyne Dock ore trains were diverted via Gateshead but in 1974 when ore traffic shifted to Redcar the link was re-opened for the PTA wagon equipped ore trains. The ore tippler at Consett required the train to arrive in the reverse order, so if either the Leamside route or the Washington - South Pelaw link was closed the ore train would run down the ECML to Tyne Yard and reverse there, reaching the branch via Ouston Junction.

55 011, formerly D9011 spent the entirety of its twenty year service life at the Tyneside shed, being withdrawn from there in November 1981. This scene would not long survive 55 011's withdrawal. Consett steel works closed during 1980 and the branch was lifted by the mid-80s, after being used to haul scrap away from the site. This is a clone of the TS12 built-in route Kings Cross to Newcastle with some minor tweaks.

An interesting shot there. The junction changed over the years from being a double track junction to single. I remember going to Consett a few times on railtours including the Farewell and you had quite a thrash up to the steelworks. Interesting how the line curved around the works and you could look down over the site. Strange how the steelworks was built there in the first place as miles from anywhere. A lot of history there be nice to have the line modelled to Consett sometime.

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

Hoping to get these up to the DLS soon. My thanks to Gary Green for his work and allowing me to reskin....

35900958506_57d4af0b3d_b.jpg

35809595811_2f50136db6_b.jpg

Paul

An interesting shot there. The junction changed over the years from being a double track junction to single. I remember going to Consett a few times on railtours including the Farewell and you had quite a thrash up to the steelworks. Interesting how the line curved around the works and you could look down over the site. Strange how the steelworks was built there in the first place as miles from anywhere. A lot of history there be nice to have the line modelled to Consett sometime.

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

Hi Stuart - I am modelling Consett and NW Durham in the steam era but I am posting some screenshots of Consett for you. Set during the BR Blue era reflecting the 1970s, Class 37s, Class 08s and BSC Sentinel 0-6-0 shunters rule the roost.

Above a class 37 brings in a train of empty bogie bolster wagons while a 37 climbs the grade towards Carr House West Signal Box on its way to Tyne yard with empty wagons used for scrap metal. In the background is Consett Low yard and the main exchange sidings for the steel works.

Above, a Class 08 0-6-0 shunter sits waiting for the Class 37 to arrive with its bogie bolster empties. The tracks to the left are BSC metals.

Above, the trainload of scrap empties bound for Tyne yard passes the Fell. In the background are the Fell cokeworks and the Gasholders.

Above, as a BSC Sentinel 0-6-0 shunter climbs up from Templetown crossing with a train of empty 20T coal hoppers for Consett High yard exchange sidings the Class 37 with the empty scrap wagons waits for the signal at Carr House West SB. A pair of Class 37s have passed under the Delves Lane station bridge with a loaded iron ore train from Redcar on Tees-side.

Above, the double-headed class 37s pass Carr House West SB and slow down for the approach to the Fell and the new rotary ore tippler that replaced the classic ore gantry associated with the 9F 2-10-0s in 1974.

Finally, the BSC Sentinel waits to enter the station yard at Consett (Consett High yard) where it will leave the empty hoppers for a BR Class 37 to collect. Consett High yard is the exchange point for coal traffic inbound to the Fell Cokeworks, owned by BSC and which serves the Steelworks.

Hi Stuart - I am modelling Consett and NW Durham in the steam era but I am posting some screenshots of Consett for you. Set during the BR Blue era reflecting the 1970s, Class 37s, Class 08s and BSC Sentinel 0-6-0 shunters rule the roost.

That is brilliant just how I remember the works.Quite a shock to see you have modelled the area. Very impressed with the mods your doing to the ECML too.

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

A TANE RAILYARD

Some shots of a TANE RAILYARD I created to celebrate the creations of some favourite content creators' work....
dc252d8c901d64188c2d0c4ce68e10ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fef9459c74ed05687fca595c426a7db5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7d281325a1b5345d2880b7700d7a39a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
594bfdb40fe4a516b1bf202dfc33d7be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ba830642cbdf1a945c1d1be166e3f01c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
73eac43664dea51012c1e643e5032fcd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]