NZ pics

Hi Tom,

That's right I forgot about the Fell. There might be a few more coming too from caleb_s but I have not heard from him lately.

Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes I am guilty of that. I somtimes get an idea for a pic and place a loco and consist just for the pic.

Cheers,
Bill69

Yep, those are Jim's track meshes.

I made a few different lengths, so please remember to make versions with these as well. The longer versions will help give better frame rates, since they have less polys per meter.

Looks great though!
Zec

nzrblwip9tf5.jpg
nzrblwip10yc9.jpg
nzrblwip8qy5.jpg
nzrblwip7on8.jpg

Been working on the first few km's of my branchline here's a few shots.looking forward to getting some use out of that track that Rugrat working on looks s#%thot.thanks Andrew.
nzrblwip11bi4.jpg

Looking good Andrew!:Y: I'll see about getting those tracks sorted and sent out in the next few days so you can have a play.

William:)

Thanks Rugrat,Im thinking of starting smaller freelance route something i can get on the DLS a bit sooner. Will load it up with heaps of kiwi content I've found over the past couple of years,may come in handy for someone out there starting off in surveyer wanting 42in tracks and bridges etc maybe about 2 or 3 baseboards keep it simple.Cheers Andrew

Hi all, is any modern NZ rollingstock available out there, especially freight? The only freight cars I can find on the DLS are not exactly appropriate for a modern railway.

thanks colhad It'll be a while yet,Im making a start on a smaller project something in the same vain as your Queensland 2008 route(one of my fav ozzy routes BTW) Rugrat PMed some of his reskined NZR track(42 in)just having a play with now,will use if he decides to upload to DLS in near future.Thanks Andrew.

nzcircut9fv2.jpg
nzcircut8js2.jpg
Hi all here's a few pics of a smaller route I'm working on.My branch-line route was turning into a bit of a monster so I've put on the back bench for now.What this new route lacks in length I'm hoping to make up in visual bang more of a eye candy route but keeping in mind frps of course will post a map shot once the track lying done.cheers Andrew.
nzcircut7pd9.jpg
nzcircut6db9.jpg

Hi Kingstonflyer

Your screenshots are excellent ....
has that feel of New Zealand and is just like being there!!
:) :)

Keep up the excellent work

cheers
Michael

Thanks for the comments sirgibby it means a lot to me coming from a top dog route builder like yourself,only have to click over to your forum page for inspiration. Enjoy your Waitangi weekend Cheers Andrew.

Hi kingstonflyer,

I totally agree with sirgibby.
Having returned 'home' to Oz last year, after 20 years in Tauranga (2 1/2 hour's south-east of Auckland), I can assure you that indeed you have captured the essence of NZ.

Although probably many of the trees etc are not NZ-specific, you have done a brilliant job, in selection mix & application of same.

great work!.:)

Back