NZ pics

Nice shots :) Also nice to see another Otago local on here! (that makes a total of 2 now) :hehe:

Great looking pictures there.:)
Does anyone know if there is any 3'6 track availible to be downloaded, 'cause it would be quite usefull for the route Im building at the moment.

Great looking pictures there.:)
Does anyone know if there is any 3'6 track availible to be downloaded, 'cause it would be quite usefull for the route Im building at the moment.

Hi Andy,

There is a few downloads of 3'6" track available. The one I like is kuid 44640 38003 I can't remember if it is on the DLS but if not the author has a web site you can download from.

Cheers,
Bill69.

P.S. just checked, it is on the DLS make sure you tick all the version boxes.

Bill69.

PPS. There will also be Two turntables for 42" track on the DLS soon. One with roundhouse and one without, uploaded yesterday.

Cheers.

Last edited:
A bit of news

If anyone is interested in full size steam operation I hear the Kingston Flyer is up for sale. Assets include Two Ab class locos, Eight passenger coaches, Two railway stations, One turntable and 14K of track. If you have a spare Three million lying around this is an opertunity to use it.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Andy,

There is a few downloads of 3'6" track available. The one I like is kuid 44640 38003 I can't remember if it is on the DLS but if not the author has a web site you can download from.

Cheers,
Bill69.

P.S. just checked, it is on the DLS make sure you tick all the version boxes.

Bill69.

PPS. There will also be Two turntables for 42" track on the DLS soon. One with roundhouse and one without, uploaded yesterday.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help:) , I did find a selection of track in the content manager since I first asked that included a few turntables and rails only etc

If anyone is interested in full size steam operation I hear the Kingston Flyer is up for sale. Assets include Two Ab class locos, Eight passenger coaches, Two railway stations, One turntable and 14K of track. If you have a spare Three million lying around this is an opertunity to use it.

Cheers,
Bill69

I saw that, It seems like it's been under-valued for a quick sale. The land alone would be worth at least double that to a canny property developer. There is a good case for preserving the line but it really needs to be invested in and extended to be of any real commercial value. It would be nice to see the line extended all the way to Queenstown centre (or as close to as possible) and link with the Earnslaw. But Queenstown being what it is that would never happen. Shame really, but I hope it goes to a person with a passion for railways and not a faceless investor led conglomerate. Just my 3.2 million cents

Hi eso,

Yes it would be nice to linkup with the Earnslaw but with the price of land around Queenstown I can't see it happening. They say as a business it is breaking even but I think that is only without including much of the labour time spent on it. Because a lot of the labour is volentry. It would have to be a real enthusiast or a group of enthusiasts to make it work I think.

Cheers,
Bill

nzrbranchlinedjlogger3il5.jpg
nzrbranchlinedjlogger6ve4.jpg
Hi All,Been to Kingston quite afew times over the years Hence the username:hehe: .Its a real same the place is being taken over by developers but it was only a mater of time.A nice spot to go camping over new years.Will try to drag the wife there again this year.As for the flyer itself add other 1/2 a Mill to do up the tracks they're in prety bad shape.Anyway heres some pic's to keep things ticking over.Andrew.
nzrbranchlinedjlogger4xs4.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]​

Thanks Bill,no not finshed yet maybe in the new year .I'm working on the branchline at the moment obout 1/2 way done with the track laying.Just a freelance route will have the branchline terminating at a small coastal Nz town connecting with some coastal shipping maybe something like Kawakawa or something around those lines.will post some progress shots over next few weeks thanks.Andrew

nzrblwip2vt3.jpg
Go the AB's!!!!,Heres the first stop on the branch,found a picture in NZ Railfan of Waihi yard(june 05 pg50),Railfan mag's im finding a exallent source of prototype photo's of around the 60's era 10 years berfore my time.
nzrblwip3bv2.jpg

Would anyone be interested in these? A reskin of Victrain's 42in track to NZR Mainline, Both Rusty and used versions. If anyone is just say so and i'll see about getting permission to send it out...

nztrackkj1.jpg

Rugrat:)

nztrack3ca2.jpg

left to right,
1. NZR Track - Dirty Used
2. NZR Track - Dirty Rusty
3. NZR Track - High Ballast Used
4. NZR Track - High Ballast Rusty
5. NZR Track - Used
6. NZR Track - Rusty
7. NZR Track - Weedy Used
8. NZR Track - Weedy Rusty

I plan to also do
1. NZR Track - High Ballast Dirty Used
2. NZR Track - High Ballast Dirty Rusty
3. NZR Track - High Ballast Used
4. NZR Track - High Ballast Rusty
5. NZR Track - High Ballast Weedy Used
6. NZR Track - High Ballast Weedy Rusty
+ Fix the "Dirty" track before release as it was rushed for this screeny.

Rugrat:)

I'm not quite sure, but I might have had some of my 42" track released under the victrainz banner with some good help from Zec.

If they are modified from my originals, then you have my permission to anything you want with them, upload, or whatever. Same goes for anything I make. I'm not really even after credit.

If they aren't mine though, disregard this message! I haven't seen them in over a year.

Ask Zec (S301) if they're mine or someone elses, if they're mine, then do anything.

They're looking great, by the way.

Have fun,

James MacIntyre

After looking further they do look like my original work, updated and released under the Victrainz banner. Do what you want with them. You have my full permission. Have fun!

When I made those tracks, (originally for my still incomplete Aussie Zig Zag Railway route) I designed them to be pretty good on performance. That's the first thing I consider when making anything. I also believe that modifications that Zec (S301) made before uploading under the Victrainz name would have been beneficial to the frame rates. They should be pretty good on frame rates I think. As far as I can recall, they only use one single texture?

Admittedly though, it's been a good year-ish since I made them or even looked at the mesh, and my memory is sketchy.

I do hope you upload them to the DLS, as your reskins are looking fantastic. Many people should get some good use out of them! I might end up using them myself, I think they look better than my original textures.

Back