NZ pics

Bill69

Hi All,
I have just asked permission to upload these, so might be on the DLS next week. NZR Northern coaches and Power car in 42" gauge.
Climbing the Spiral
Raurimu.jpg

Crossing the Cinder Bank on the spiral
cinderbank.jpg

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Hi Noel,

Yes I am doing the spiral. I have the rails laid from Raurimu to Ohakune and will probably extend northwards to Taumaranui but still have to do lots of contouring and texturing. The spiral itself is about 90% done but with other activities going on atm it may be some time before it is ready to upload so don't hold your breath.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Rugrat,

Looks good. Now we have a range of NZR rollingstock and locos, what say we start a thread for NZ screenshots.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Bill

keep up the good work ... great to see more New Zealand Rail content ....and seeing a nicely detailed layout of the spiral will be a real treat

Hi Rugrat

Your screenshot looks brilliant Rugrat ... a real sence of NZ there!!

cheers
Michael

Fantastic screens Rugrat :)

Could someone maybe post the external links to the NZ rolling stock here? I might have a go at a kiwi route in the near future. Possibly something local like Dunedin - Port Chalmers or maybe a bit more extensive like the Taieri Gorge line to Middlemarch if I can get my hands on a good DEM map.
I may have a good source of info soon as I'm doing a bit of work for Dunedin station for the city council and hopefully they might help out with track and gradient diagrams.
If anyone has any info on the area I would really appreciate a look if it could help with construction.

http://www.600ml.co.nz/greg/nzrailwaysold/index.html

http://www.freewebs.com/littleloco/

http://www.trainzone.co.nz/nzr_rolling_stock.htm

And you should also find some DJ's (they would fit in perfectly with the area your talking about), an Xp goods wagon, some URL log cars, LPA wagons and a J class sheep wagon on the DLS.

there is also some DCs on the DLS however dule to the bogey file being updated these locomotives are faulty (non recoverable) so i wouldn't bother downloading them...

Rugrat:cool:

Here are another couple of NZ pics

The Northerner Heading North over the Makatote Viaduct on a drizley wet night.
Makatotenorth.jpg

A Mainline Steam excursion train going South over the Makatote Viaduct

MakatoteSouth.jpg

Cheers,
Bill69

Took a Drewry railcar for a run on my route....

I'm impressed by the content that Caleb is putting out, welldone to that man. Look forward to seeing more content from you.:)

Real nice pic colhad, very good texturing. Unfortunately the railcars won't work in 2004, I will get to them later when I import my route to 2006.

Cheers,
Bill69

Another couple from me.

This first one is the real thing. Ka942 on the Parliamentary Special centenary train 8th August 2008.
Ka942.jpg

This is my version in TRS2004. The route is not completed yet.
Ka942spiral.jpg

Cheers,
Bill69

NZ locos available in Trainz

Hi All,

We now have a range of NZ locos in 42" gauge thanks to creators as listed below.

NZlocos.jpg

From left to right in roundhouse.
Ka942 the only Ka that still has the streamlining thanks to calebs
K900 the first of the K class preserved at MOTAT thanks to calebs
K915 later version of the K class, headlight & smokebox mods. thanks to billegulla
Ab663 In steam at Mainline Steam Inc. mainline certified. thanks to billegulla
Da loco. One of the early deisel electrics thanks to Greg Baker
DJ loco. Deisel electric loco thanks to kazak
DSG heavy shunting loco thanks to calebs
and on the turntable F class loco 163 thanks to Greg Baker

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Hello All,My first Screenshots,All these new NZ loco's available now kick started my first route called NZR Branchline.Just a few shots of the Mainline for now,will post more as route progresses. Andrew

Back