What do you love about Trainz?

It has to be Surveyor :) It is so easy to use. And, for the most part it is very intuitive.

Also, the industry abilities. I don't believe that any other train sim out there has the capability that Trainz does.

The availability of so many user created assets. It's just mind boggeling the amount of items on the DLS.

And, finally it is the community that we have built here. The amount of helpful and friendly folks that we have here is most impressive.

That's why I love Trainz :)

Total agreement with these comments:)

Only problem most hated in the C/M DLS always haveing problems with DLS as in getting connected and wasted 2 FCT's do to this problem:confused:
Dispite attempeted contact with Auran never got a answer on this problem First started with 2006. Now have the same with Beta Testing of 2009 Yet another Ticket expire??
Costing me a fortune for nothing Thank's..

However I do agree Tranz is the best on the market :)

Anyone out there could help me get this DLS problem sorted I would appreciate it Thanx!

I love Trainz because I feel I can just sit back, relax in my virtual cab and cruise through the countryside (Unless i have passengers:eek: ) and watch the virtual landscape come to life and unfold.

why do i like trainz

i like to create quite simply,and the versatility and sheer amout of content and the growing quality of content is unsurpassed,lets hope the trainz genre has the longevity to survive....it certainly knocks msts into a cocked hat.

50-50

I love trainz because of surveyor, on the other hand I also own the EA RailSimulator and although its surveyor mode stinks, the graphics are better. I'm sure Auran has fixed this for '09! All in all Trainz is slightly better given how I play it more.

cant find it

Hi, I just got a trainz acound & bought trainz09 but i cant find where 2 go 2 get it some1 plz help:'(

We know that pretty much everyone on these forums loves trains, but we'd love to hear from you why you love "Trainz".

What is it that makes Trainz special? What are the benefits that Trainz has over other products or hobbies? What do you tell your friends about Trainz to encourage them to try it out?

As usual, please try and keep your answers short and concise. As Sir Winston Churchill once sais "I would have written you a shorter letter but I didn't have the time" :)
:D......yes its just a great train hobbie,and love watching the trains rolling along...

Two Reasons...

I love it because it's a great way to spend time with my kids. I'm sure the novelty will wear off sooner or later, but for now, my kids are crazy about driving those trains around, and it's something we can all enjoy together.

Sitting my three-year-old son in my lap and working the throttle while he rings the bell, blows the whistle, turns the lights on and off, and generally orders me around is total blast. "I want to drive a big steam engine tonight, Daddy!" "Now, we have to go get some gondolas." "Move in closer so I can see the driving rods, Daddy!" And so on...

My daughter, nine, is an excellent engineer. After my son goes to bed, she takes over the controls while I sit next to her and kibbitz. After the briefest of tutorials on DCC control, she was driving the trains like a pro. She likes the Australian routes the best so far, and loves flying around using the roaming camera.

Another reason I love it is because with Surveyor I can finally build the "model" railroads I've always wanted to build without being limited by space and without spending a fortune. I'm seriously thinking about scrapping -- or at least shelving -- the physical layout I've started.

Now, if I could just get the paint shed to work on my Vista machine...:eek:

Happy Holidays to All,

Maxwerks

Surveyor, the ease of creating routes, and that Trainz supports script so whatever needs doing, it is most likely always possible

:D

We know that pretty much everyone on these forums loves trains, but we'd love to hear from you why you love "Trainz".

What is it that makes Trainz special?

For me, the fact so far it works with Windows Vista with no problems so far. Just D/Led Pack 1, and will install that and hope it still works.:udrool:

My thoughts:

Just got my copy of Trs2006 for Christmas. Do I love it? not sure yet, but if the addictiveness of the game is any indicator, YES.

I've had model RR layouts, still have a bunch of NG rolling stock, but no place in my apartment to setup/build anything larger than a small diorama.

I've also been involved in the flight sim world, for some time now.

I like all the features of Trainz, especially the DLS and Surveyor.

So far I've only DL'd some other layouts and added rolling stock.

I still have to master the downloading process, sometimes it seems like magic , cause it'll take me many attempts to get stuff downloaded, and then ... magically the DL starts LOL.

Overall, this simulator is one of the best I've tried.

Perhaps Wilee Coyote said it best in his post a few pages back.

As I've read through these posts I see that the Surveyor is by far the main reason why we all love Trainz... and I couldn't agree more! My favourite function of Trainz though is that I can make a route exactly as I see it in my head, like a painting every one is different and a good route in my opinion is certainly an art form, although I'm not that good really. I like laying the track and getting everything working (industires/stations, signals etc) then I usually fill in the rest with the scenery and bridges etc if I haven't become bored and started a whole new route. Anyway my main favourite thing is having a working station where I have trains arrival and depart automatically, with predifined triggers etc, I find great satsifaction from watch these trains come and go and then adding more trains to come and go (different types for variety of course). Infact thats the first thing I'm going to do when my DL of Trainz Classics Vol.3* has downloaded and installed, build a medium sized functioning station like above.

* I previously owned TRS2004, but lost the disc! My laptop ran TRS2004 OK- and so I opted for Trainz Classics Vol.3 as the spec is simular to TRS2004. TRS2006/09 would sadly be too high a spec for my laptop, even thought it is a high powered machine as laptops go. Anyway I'm sure TC Vol.3 will be good enough for me to enjoy.

The Best

why would you play anything else but Trainz, 06 was great and 09 just got better, and with better graphics and a world of content,

Trainz 2009 just rolls along just right

quad pro
4g ram...you ripper

Back