Escanaba and Lake Superior in the North Woods

WCL

Canadian National
I have no shifted over to yet another route.....Seeing that fall is just around the corner I figure I might as well work on a fall route.....Happens so that the ELS has the perfect area to cover in the fall....Seeing that their units have the fall colors.....

Here are 3 pix of a switch job coming from the Ontonagon paper mill...These cars came from the log spur that is located at the mill

As you can see the colors fit PERFECTLY......Keep an eye out for more from this RR line :wave:

Here are some more....This time we catch the switcher pulling out some loads and an empty bulk from the mill.....This mill gets switched daily with cars from the CN at Iron Mountain...They interchange cars their......

Sure love Adams new switches...They fit very nicely on this route :wave:

Last edited:
WCL,

If you read this , I hunted and fished the Hiawatha Sportsman Club (Escanaba ) , from 16 til I moved to Ca when I was 29 . The pictures of your route reminded me of what it is like in that area in the Fall .
Great screenies and thanks for the memories !

---DLR

Really nice route there WCL! Can you PM me the KUIDS/Names/Creators of all the tree's there please?

Thanks bud! (Yes, this is bump)

Cheers,
Adam

Really nice route there WCL! Can you PM me the KUIDS/Names/Creators of all the tree's there please?

Thanks bud! (Yes, this is bump)

Cheers,
Adam

Ill have to look them up for ya....Try and search like fall trees or something......Ill get ya the numbers lata

its actually a model made by tyler bishop that i was NOT to give out, but I have a problem with doing what friends ask.

its actually a model made by tyler bishop that i was NOT to give out, but I have a problem with doing what friends ask.

Wow....Hello old post.....LOL.....I'll have to see if I can remember where this route is again to work on er.....I got a few ELS routes.......

Took a spin up in the north woods again to check out the fall colors....Up in Ontonagon MI we catch an ELS train working the paper mill

Here we catch him coming across a small trestle....You can see the big mill in the back...This is one of ELS's biggest customers

Pulling into the small yard here at Ontonagon to wait for the road freight to come up from Channing to swap cars

In the cab of the unit we wait for the NB to arrive

The ELS daily train makes its way thru Pori MI with one of the 2 SD40-2's

Back in the cab we see him slowly making his way into the yard

Ground shot of him coming into the yard

With the cars swapped...The ELS 501 heads south back to Channing

All for now......Till next time :wave:

Hey WCL, why have you never released any of your routes? A DLS search shows you haven't created anything. Are they available on an external site?

Hey WCL, why have you never released any of your routes? A DLS search shows you haven't created anything. Are they available on an external site?

I really just keep all the routes to myself usually...And just hand out my stuff to close friends...And no...None of my stuff will ever be on an external site or on the DLS.......But keep on watching for more screenshots coming soon your way from this great shortline.....:wave:

Nice shots JJ.

DC

Thanks...Its good to see ya back...I was wondering where ya went....I'll have to get ya this route....Its an addon I did to one of yours I think...I also added the whole Northern part of the ELS

Last edited:
Hi WCL!

Wow, what a nice route you've got there. I live in Cadillac, MI (south of the ELS in the lower peninsula) and have to say it looks just like northern Michigan. Very nice landscaping and textures, trees, etc.

I'm starting work on the GLC (Great Lakes Central); which runs from Ann Arbor to Traverse City and Petoskey. So this gives me some great ideas I hope that I can use for my route.

Thanks again and keep those pics coming!

:)

Sounds pretty cool....Yeah the ELS has really poor tracks that are weeded over or are all curvey and not the very best anymore....Thats why this is pretty easy to model after cause there lines are in other words...Very very poor condition.....Keep watching for more pix :wave:

Sounds pretty cool....Yeah the ELS has really poor tracks that are weeded over or are all curvey and not the very best anymore....Thats why this is pretty easy to model after cause there lines are in other words...Very very poor condition.....Keep watching for more pix :wave:

Heh, I've seen a few lines around Michigan like that. But hey, it gives the route character. But some could definitely use some upgrading as they're in VERY bad shape, AND being used.

Look forward to those next pics!

Hey there J. Is there by any chance any odd CP traffic that appears on or near the ELS?

Regards,
Cameron

Ha...No....Not even close...Does not run anywhere near the CP.....As you can see here on the map where the ELS all runs:

Heh, I've seen a few lines around Michigan like that. But hey, it gives the route character. But some could definitely use some upgrading as they're in VERY bad shape, AND being used.

Look forward to those next pics!

Yup...More will come once I gets home.....Keep watching for em :wave:

Back