New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

Its a late summer night - so late in fact that not a car on the road is to be seen stopped at a crossing as a through freight manifest speeds by Babcock Junction on the mainline.

BabcokJctGradeCrossings2.jpg

Nice shot Bill. Feels real like always. Nice detail with the signs and relay box. :)

Could I make a polite suggestion? I'm NOT a route building pro by any means but I noticed that the road in your shot looks really jagged. I found that for some roads, you can make them straight if you minimize the spline points you have, click on the lay rail button and then select the straighten button and click on the road in question. This works for *most* splines and can help make a smoother curve.

Perhaps though, you are trying to show the road going over a crest, if so it's cool but yeah I just thought I'd pass this tidbit of information along (you learn something new everyday right?). I always figure a road *should* have a smooth gradient and smooth curves but in my travels I've seen a lot of roads in need of repair. :hehe:

Anyhow, keep up the great work! I'm looking very much forward to this release!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Thanks Gisa!

Nice shot Bill. Feels real like always. Nice detail with the signs and relay box. :)

Could I make a polite suggestion? I'm NOT a route building pro by any means but I noticed that the road in your shot looks really jagged. I found that for some roads, you can make them straight if you minimize the spline points you have, click on the lay rail button and then select the straighten button and click on the road in question. This works for *most* splines and can help make a smoother curve.

Perhaps though, you are trying to show the road going over a crest, if so it's cool but yeah I just thought I'd pass this tidbit of information along (you learn something new everyday right?). I always figure a road *should* have a smooth gradient and smooth curves but in my travels I've seen a lot of roads in need of repair. :hehe:

Anyhow, keep up the great work! I'm looking very much forward to this release!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

New timetable uploaded.

Bill just sent me an updated pdf. It's available here.

Also, the operating rules are updated, too. Here

Darrel

Last edited:
I am guessing you do have beta testers!
If no I am available if need be.;)
I can't wait to get this!:udrool:

Brandon

Thanks Brandon - I may be able to get you the completed route very very shortly. Check back within the next day or so.

Here the Moss Creek local is about to depart Grafton Yard....
MossCreekLocal.jpg

The local is now on the Moss Creek branch creeping at 10 mph on the light rail. The log empties are headed for loading at the logging camp tonight.

MossCreekLocal2.jpg

Here is a video of the local at two different locations later on the chase:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3399621438418950889

Last edited:
The Old Town Local is about to deliver a load of lumber to Belmont Lumber on the Old Town Spur...
BelmontLumber2.jpg

Backing the cut of cars to the end of the spur.....

BelmontLumber.jpg

mmm e-mail me the essay tour,,, i would like read it....
e-mail it to clayt@newwavecomm.net

I have not yet posted the layout to a site at this time. I would love to share the layout.

I have completed an 12 page essay "tour" of the line and its branches and industries, a 34 page employee timetable that includes track charts and schematics for the entire line, train symbols and their destinations and service areas, a list of industries and their commodities and the commodity's destination, and speed limits and special rules. --- I have also made a 11 page operating rule book that is loosely based on Conrail's old Form D operation.

The drawbacks that I think would stop anyone from wanting my layout is that it is heavily scenic with lots of details and would not work well on low end graphics machines. Also, the operation is Form D "track warrant" operation and therefore the layout contains no lighted trackside signals -- only block limit signals or stations.

I could post the 12 page route "tour" somewhere (I don't know how to post pdf files anywhere) and folks could read the tour to see if the layout would be of interest.[/quote]

Hi Ct_krogen!

The tour can now be downloaded at:

http://home.comcast.net/~trainzstuff/P&B+Tour+pdf.pdf

I will be happy to email it to you if this download method does not work for you.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think! If you would like a picture of any particular place on the tour, let know and I will post it.

Thanks!

Bill

mmm e-mail me the essay tour,,, i would like read it....
e-mail it to clayt@newwavecomm.net

I have not yet posted the layout to a site at this time. I would love to share the layout.

I have completed an 12 page essay "tour" of the line and its branches and industries, a 34 page employee timetable that includes track charts and schematics for the entire line, train symbols and their destinations and service areas, a list of industries and their commodities and the commodity's destination, and speed limits and special rules. --- I have also made a 11 page operating rule book that is loosely based on Conrail's old Form D operation.

The drawbacks that I think would stop anyone from wanting my layout is that it is heavily scenic with lots of details and would not work well on low end graphics machines. Also, the operation is Form D "track warrant" operation and therefore the layout contains no lighted trackside signals -- only block limit signals or stations.

I could post the 12 page route "tour" somewhere (I don't know how to post pdf files anywhere) and folks could read the tour to see if the layout would be of interest.
[/quote]

thax you I d/led and saved it ti my drive, i will look at it later i got to get ready to go wrestle,,,,,,
The tour can now be downloaded at:

http://home.comcast.net/~trainzstuff/P&B+Tour+pdf.pdf

I will be happy to email it to you if this download method does not work for you.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think! If you would like a picture of any particular place on the tour, let know and I will post it.

Thanks!

Bill

[/quote][/quote]

The Vonny Local enters Eureka Spur.... Although the track is still on the ground with overgrown weeds and trees beyond MP 0.3, the spur is out of service from that point up to an abandoned coal mine.

Vonnylocal3.jpg

Back