Cardiff Workshops suspending operations.

Unfortunately for numerous reasons and other priorities the Cardiff Workshops team will be suspending operations indefinitely. We may return in the future but do not know if/when that may be.

We would like to thank all of you who enjoyed our content and let us know.

CWS

Well, we've certainly lost a major contributor of Australian content with the departure of these two gentlemen, Nathan and David.

Whatever the future holds for Nathan and David, I hope all is well and you have a tremendous life ahead of you.

A friendly toot of the 620/720 horn to you Nathan and David, God bless you both in the future.:)

Unfortunately for numerous reasons and other priorities the Cardiff Workshops team will be suspending operations indefinitely. We may return in the future but do not know if/when that may be.

We would like to thank all of you who enjoyed our content and let us know.

CWS
:eek: Bugger, how did I miss this one ?? and now before we all could enjoy the magnificent Glenn Innes layout that we know Nat had been working on :'(

Nat / David, sorry to see you guys pulling up stumps but there are obviously other priorities and more important things that must come before trainz, but the work the CWS crew have given the community is something to be proud of and we will certainly miss the quality work you put out :(

Wishing you both the best for the future.

Cheers

Ron

Hi Everyone,

I guess you've probably noticed the flurry of CWS content hitting the DLS lately.
Yes, it's a cleanout of most of the projects Nat and I had on the go as we worked toward a TC4 release, which wasn't to be.

Anyway, all has been released that could be completed to a reasonable standard and with it, comes the definite end of Cardiff Workshops.

Again, Nat and I would like to thank everyone who has supported us in the past and hope that the content we have produced will continue to bring hours of enjoyment to the community.

I have a few projects still to complete but intend to take it very easy after that.

All the Best
David

David - If you could please pass on my sincere thanks to Nat for his part in the content you both have made. It is a sad day to see CWS close its doors, because it is some of the finest content in the game.

I am pleased to hear you will take it easy - hopefully you can enjoy Trainz without worrying about going back and fixing this or that on an item of rolling stock under test!

I look forward to your final projects, and hope that in the future, if you desire to work on something for the game, you can do it without having the thought in the back of your mind that you have other work that needs doing - it would be nice if you could return to a purely enjoyment based drive, without the stress of having many things "on the go".

That said, I do hope you occasionally feel inspired to reskin some of your awesome content into new liveries or whatever takes your fancy!

CWS may end, but it's left rather big shoes to fill. Lucky for all concerned, VicTrainz especially has some very talented modellers, so the Australian invasion of the DLS can continue!

Thanks again, and I look forward to you being able to share things in the Screenshot Thread that is not simply a tease shot - it can actually be a layout you're working on and want to show off!

Alas, all things must come to an end eventually, no matter how great they are. Davido and Natvander, you have provided the Australian Trainz contingent with many great items over the years, and i am but one of many people who have taken enjoyment from your creations.

Your contributions to this great community shall be sadly missed, but the spirit of CWS will live on for as long as people are able to post screenshots to this forum, showcasing your excellent rolling stock doing it's duty, and doing it in fine style.

Cheers, and thank you.

Matt.

:':)'(What can I say that hasn't already been said :(. The Trainz community are certainly going to miss the talents of you both, but hey there are more important things in life, with the main one your health and then family and work.

All the best to you both and thank you for all the wonderful creations you both have provided. :wave:

Cheers

Ron

The mark of Cardiff Workshop will forever be stamped on Trainz.
Well Done Lads and Thanks.

I still remember when Nat showed me the betas of the Comet and the turning door handles I knew then CWS was setting the bench mark for trainz and you never let us down

<by the way Nat snores>

Last edited:
Hear hear, truly, a sad day, but I for one, am eternally grateful, for the wondrous content that both Davido and Natvander have done - for free - for our enjoyment. Truly, you will both be missed, and we'll think fondly of you both, and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Congratulations
Nat and David
Your work will always be appreciated. I will always remember the great anticipation, when it was whispered something new was in the air :wave:
You never let us down and we all appreciate what you have done
But congratulations, for you have made Australian Trainz what it is today.
We at Victrainz were always encouraged to keep going when we were learning the craft. Most of our 3D builders owe something to Cardiff Works.
Cheers
Rod

:sleep:

A one off thanks to Eric's port! I've spent the last three years being the 'dorm monitor' at work, keeping records of those who do snore and then reporting them at morning roll call.

:p
Oh boy am I glad us country hicks use pagers and get to go home at nights:hehe:
PS any chance of you bedford 270 "Motors" seeing the light of day.

Your Trainz efforts will be missed thanks for the ride.

sad to hear...

though there is ( as has been said) other things in life besides trainz
the excellent models of cws was one of the things that drew me to trainz.

well done and good luck for the future

Oh boy am I glad us country hicks use pagers and get to go home at nights:hehe:
PS any chance of you bedford 270 "Motors" seeing the light of day.

Your Trainz efforts will be missed thanks for the ride.

Nope, unless someone is willing to send me a substantial sum of money to get the HDD recovered (I still have the drive).

With the final closing of our venture I'd like to say thanks for all of you who used and enjoyed our projects and hope you continue to do so. I've been proud of my many creations, especially the 45 Class. During my hiatus I have had thoughts of cranking 3ds up again but everytime I do I shudder at the thought of the amount of time I spent previous doing that. Unfortunately content creation became a chore and I ceased to enjoy Trainz. TC4 would have been the climax for our creation and I felt also would have provided us with some just reward for our efforts, but unfortunately someone decided it wasn't going to be.

In finally closing this chapter I'd like to personally say thanks to a few who inspired me and helped me in my various stages of my Trainz life. Some I have lost contact with, but some have become true friends. -

David Taylor who was my first modelling tutor and soon became my first creation partner (Eveleigh Workshops) and great friend;

Eric for his vast knowledge and the late night hour plus chats on the phone, numerous visits etc;

Henk for his assistance in my role as Aust/NZ trainz rep and being a great friend. Hopefully we can share macchiatos again next time you're in Oz;

JB, Vaughan, Scott, Chris, James and other past and present staff at Auran for putting up with me when I needed info or wanted a chat;

Greg for getting me into this caper so deeply, his lunches in the Auran office and his joyflight on a 42C Brisbane day in a very confined cockpit;

Rob for being a great mate and a huge help with modelling;

Zec also for being a great help, especially with the later requirements of the game;

Ian for your assistance over the years. You're a true gentleman;

Waz for getting a true Trainz community started. Your enthusiasm was second to none and I'll never forget your Hawaiian shirts at the shows. Your passing was a great loss to all that knew you;

To all of you who I have met over the years at shows, Trainz days etc I tip my hat to you, wish you all the best and thank you for the honour of meeting you.

I can't remember if it is in the credits for 2004 or 2006, but in one of them my wife appears. She truely became part of the team with her solid support for my endeavours. I'm truely lucky to have someone so understanding.

And finally to Dave, who was foolish enough to partner with me and put up with my demands to produce content that seemed to go beyond what the game was supposed to do. And beyond that, we forged a real friendship that goes well beyond a computer game. We became like family. Without you CWS would never have existed and I wouldn't have created a quarter of the stuff I did. Here's to our friendship mate.

So goodbye to you all my friends for the final time. May we cross paths at some time down the track.

:wave:

Wow!! What a day in Australia's History.

Thanks for all the fish!!!

Regards

Axe

BTW: Awesome content guy's.

Unfortunately content creation became a chore and I ceased to enjoy Trainz.

If that's not a reason to stop creating content, then I don't know what is - the whole point of having a hobby is to have fun, and if that ceases to happen, then it's all pointless - may as well go to work and get paid!

Back