Looking for a zinc plant.

jadebullet

might be back?
Hi i need an industry that produces zinc. I have the zinc product, just need the plant. does anyone know where i could find one? Or is there any way to make an existing industry produce Zinc?

Zinc & Lead Smelter great project

Here is a picture of a Tazmanian zinc smelter.

2424849542_3a04aff913_b.jpg

This can be modeled in trainz using several different items available on the DLS.:wave:

That is cool, sethmcs! :udrool: But it would take me ages to find all the pieces and construct them. :p :hehe: I wish someone would make something like that in gmax and upload. :eek::(:'(

That is cool, sethmcs! :udrool: But it would take me ages to find all the pieces and construct them. :p :hehe: I wish someone would make something like that in gmax and upload. :eek::(:'(

Wouldn't it take someone else ages also to make it?

Precisely

Yes, precisely! I made a quite large petro-chem industry using a lot of assets by a Japanese creator, they look good, and with a few overhead walkway splines it's not too bad putting something like that together. It doesn'tt need to be so complex, more to give the impression of a busy plant.

Angela

There's quite a multitude of items on the DLS that could be combined to create a very complex industry. It might be best to try a search on the DLS for different industry names and descriptions. The problem that I have sometimes is that this is truely an international game and some of the great content out there is listed in another language which makes it difficult for me to find sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It just takes a little longer sometimes to find what you want.
Good luck in your search.
Mike

thanks guys. BTW i have all of the other buildings planted that i need to make my plant, i just needed something that produced zinc. I am basing it off of the plant in palmerton, PA so its not as complex as that shot. (shudders to think of how long that would take to make)

Now that i have a zinc producer i am set to go. thanks

Last edited:
Multiple Industry New Track....

Multiple Industry New track allows you to produce and consume products provided that: 1) you have download the product in this case zinc ingots. 2) programed the rolling stock to carry the product in this case zinc ingots.:wave:

thanks :) BTW i like your work on the Bethlehem Steel route. My dad use to work at the Bethlehem Mill. He now works at a computer chip company down the tracks from it (you can see the blast furnaces). The great thing is, the Bethlehem Site is going to be in Transformers 2. They dressed it up like it was in China and made a fake Chinese villiage and had lights all over it like it was operational. Then they flew helicopters around it. My dad saw it and said that it was cool.

thanks :) BTW i like your work on the Bethlehem Steel route. My dad use to work at the Bethlehem Mill. He now works at a computer chip company down the tracks from it (you can see the blast furnaces). The great thing is, the Bethlehem Site is going to be in Transformers 2. They dressed it up like it was in China and made a fake Chinese villiage and had lights all over it like it was operational. Then they flew helicopters around it. My dad saw it and said that it was cool.

Which plant? Bethlehem Steel had several? The cool thing is each of them had their own shortline railroad that had its own identity. Anyway there are a lot of steelmill, chemical & mining assets on the DLS that could be used to make a really neat zinc & lead smelter. Please show us pics of your progress and take your time. Trainz is a hobby not a race. If you need help with something please ask.:wave:

Thank you for your interest in my C&BL project as my signature says I am still working on it.:hehe:

:hehe:
The Bethlehem PA steel mill. (the one in Bethlehem thats actually in Bethehem lol)

Bethlehem Steel's Bethlehem plant shortline is Philadelphia Bethlehem & New England RR. :Y: :clap: :udrool: :mop: Excellant web site is:http://www.trainweb.org/pbne/locomotive shop.htm

Here is a video of the tapping of Blast Furnace C::cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbNkBOGMwg

And here is me starting to make that Tazmanian Zinc Smelter
ZincSmelter1.jpg

It will only be one board........:hehe:

Back