"Realistic Derailments"

The option group that is in basically sets up how realistic your derailments are. Realistic derailments will derail a train if it goes at 75MPH round a very tight curve, whereas having that option set to none wouldn't derail it at all.

It affects whether derailments happen or not under certain conditions. It doesn't affect what happens when a derailment occurs.

John

I really wish that there were realistic derailments. No im not one of those people who want blood, gore, and explosions, but i wish that when i screwed up i at least get rewarded with watching my train pile up rather than passing through each other. Plus there could be cool scenario effects such as a hotbox that causes the 42nd car to derail. Or one of the cars gets a little wobbly in a corner. Like real trains. Oh well maybe in 09

Plus there could be cool scenario effects such as a hotbox that causes the 42nd car to derail.
That can be done in a Trainz scenario using GameScript, but only to make the entire train derail AFAIK.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here - maybe programmatically decouple the relevant wagon both in front and behind, so as to make three separate consists, then de-rail it. That should be possible I think but I haven't actually proved it.

John

Last edited:
You want either MSTS or Rail Simulator.

I unfourtunatly bought FAIL simulator. Ok the game was fun for a bit, but the lack of American stuff was a kind of turn off. Then i went to get some add ons. They are few and far between, hard to find, and generaly not worth it. The rail sim website talks about all of these new routes that they are releasing but i am not paying 30 dollars for 1 new loco and 1 new route. I already wasted the money for the game. Also i have a VERY new computer that is high end and i still have framerate problems. (Runs smooth and then gets choppy, smooth then choppy) This wouldnt bother me except that it does it to all of my games then until i uninstall it. plus when you crash it almost immediatly covers it in a Game over dialog box and then closes out a few seconds later. It wont even let you saver the destruction that you accidently caused by blowing a red while you went to the kitchen to get a drink. I just cant wait until my Complete trainz comes, if it comes that is.(How long does air mail take anyway? Its been around 3-4 weeks) Man do i wish that my last disk of 06 didnt dissapear.

Also in refference to the hotbox thing, i was thinking of a more random thing. Example, in the new racing game, Grid, your tire can randomly pop or the wheel could randomly fall off for no reason other than wear and tear of driving. I was thinking of something like that. Maybe on the more modern trains you would get a hotbox warning over the radio and have to pull off into a siding or something.

PS sorry about the rant.

Last edited:
Also in refference to the hotbox thing, i was thinking of a more random thing. Example, in the new racing game, Grid, your tire can randomly pop or the wheel could randomly fall off for no reason other than wear and tear of driving. I was thinking of something like that. Maybe on the more modern trains you would get a hotbox warning over the radio and have to pull off into a siding or something.
GameScript can do all that. Many of the Razorback activities have a random probability of a hotbox occurring and our layouts have detectors. When a hotbox occurs, you get an audio message telling you, your train is stopped and you have to wait a short while for the problem to be fixed. AFAIK we haven't used the idea of having to pull off into a siding in reaction to a hotbox but that could definitely be coded.

John

The existing system allows for any action to be taken on any detector using the command override. derail no problem sir would you like fries wid dat or a nice cornish pasty?

Back