Nature Screenshots! (BIG and NUMEROUS pictures!)

Thanks jango!

Here's a UK landscape for a change.

Cheers
Casper
:)

UK%20nature_zpscu6nk09k.jpg~original

UK Landscape

Thanks for your kind words FSP.

~snip~ still work with TRS2004! ~snip~
Well you have to start somewhere.

I suppose that I was lucky in buying a copy of the very last and completely updated version (build 2370). By then all of the bugs had been sorted out. I was therefore able to simply concentrate on what I could do with it (which was difficult enough), rather than what it could do to me. I’m not very good at fiddling with the technical stuff so have never fancied entering what would be, for me, a quagmire of frustration in trying to sort out or apply workarounds for any major bugs. I’m pretty slow on the uptake with the inner working of PC’s and their software. If it’s technical rather than artistic, I just get lost. That’s why I’ve stuck with the old canvas.

I'm still finding new tricks even though it’s an old version, sometimes through Forum advice and ideas, other times simply by accident.

The freeware, TrainzTuner 1.3, made a huge difference and has transformed the ability to create a much more believable landscape which I can set to the limit of my choosing. It allows me to separately control when the assets and/or terrain pop into view at several miles range. All credit to Alexandre Cavaco for creating it ten years ago and allowing its free distribution to users. It’s still a great piece of software.

Thanks too, to all of the great creators which make Trainz such a pleasure to use.

Anyway, here’s the same area of landscape with a slight change in viewpoint, time of day and cloud type. Looks like it might be raining soon. The cows are on the move!

UK%20nature%202_zpseeycpe93.jpg~original

Thanks jango!

Here's a UK landscape for a change.

Cheers
Casper

UK%20nature_zpscu6nk09k.jpg~original

« Sempre caro mi fu quest'ermo colle,
e questa siepe, che da tanta parte
dell'ultimo orizzonte il guardo esclude.
Ma sedendo e mirando, interminati
spazi di là da quella, e sovrumani
silenzi, e profondissima quiete
io nel pensier mi fingo, ove per poco
il cor non si spaura. E come il vento
odo stormir tra queste piante, io quello
infinito silenzio a questa voce
vo comparando: e mi sovvien l'eterno,
e le morte stagioni, e la presente
e viva, e il suon di lei. Così tra questa
immensità s'annega il pensier mio:
e il naufragar m'è dolce in questo mare. »

Giacomo Leopardi - "The infinite"

Thanks jango.

That poem led me to the YouTube link to the music that was inspired by that Giacomo Leopardi poem. In turn it inspired me to do a bit more work on that route this afternoon.

Here's a view from slightly higher up.

9f%20goods%20uk%20countryside_zpskgkgrpue.jpg~original

That's beautiful Casper- I can almost hear the larks singing in the distance...

;)
Thanks Andy. Belated thanks that is; not around here too much these days.

Here's some more trackside foliage, minus skylarks - frightened off and drowned out by the steam locos.

Cheers
Casper
;)

tanebury_zpshn8ycbma.jpg~original

:Y:

I assume this is Castle of aaaaaaaaaagh, near the Cave of Caerbannog. ;)

best wishes
vendie

You could be right. I have just looked beneath the tower and found a barely discernible inscription by Joseph of Arimathea, "T:Anus Antiquitus".:eek:

Cheers
Casper
:D

More from the mountains

Inspired by a recent Forum YouTube posting of the Swiss Alps I hand raised a few baseboards full of mountains this evening. Not truly prototypical, but slightly "Jungfrau".

I've only produced un-decorated shapes on the baseboard grid so far. I'll post some more after I've done some texturing and added a few assets if it looks any good.

Cheers
Casper

swiss%20alps_zps8lkyz7pc.jpg~original

Back