Which driver mode do you prefer?

muniman

*walking in slow-motion*
Hi everyone :),

I had an idea. Let’s find out what driver mode the majority of the Trainz players use when driving the trains in the game. Cab mode, or DCC mode?

I personally use cab mode more than DCC.

I know most are going to say cab but I prefer the DCC mode because you dont have to know what is what to get the engine moving. I like the simplicity of the greater than; less than to move my train.:D

hert

Is 'Cab mode with AI control' a separate option to 'Cab mode manually operated' because that's the only way I can run in Driver. I've never understood braking in trains but I don't have to if I have my AI robots doing everything.

Depends really on what I'm doing. If I'm actually 'playing' the sim then I prefer to use Cab Mode. However, most of my time inside Trainz is spent testing either content or maps I'm working on in which case I use DCC in the interest of saving time.

I prefer DCC because I run Tranz as a simulation of my dream model railroad rather than as a simulation of my dream prototype railroad.

This made perfect sense before I wrote it down. :confused:

Bernie

I,ve never even tried to use cab mode. My preferred method is trying to make the drivers do all the work. Sometimes when I help out I use DC mode. Whatever. I like trainz because of the complexity.
Baz

DCC most of the time, I admit.

Occasionally CAB when I feel like a really challenging challenge!

(And programmed in GameScript in the scenarios/activities that I've written - but that's another subject.)

John

Cab mode

I prefer cab mode because I know how to use it but in the beggining I used DCC. Tip once you have reached your wanted speed set the throttle to 0 works for me if I can start up TRS06.

klambert

Depends really on what I'm doing. If I'm actually 'playing' the sim then I prefer to use Cab Mode. However, most of my time inside Trainz is spent testing either content or maps I'm working on in which case I use DCC in the interest of saving time.

That's what I do too :cool:

all depends on the mood I'm in really.

When I first drive a route I'll do so in DCC mode. That way I can lookout for all the reductions in speed limit and react to them more quickly. Once I've 'sussed' a route out I'll jump into Cab mode and drive it again.

Cab mode is my favourite mode in which to drive most of the time.

If I'm feeling lazy or just want to take in the scenery I'll use the AI to drive the train whilst I sit back in a passenger car or select multiple camera views to watch the train go by.

That's the best aspect of Trainz for me, so many choices.

Try doing that in Rail Simulator:p

Steve.:)

I've had '04 for over a year now and haven't got to drive anything yet! All my time is spent in surveyor!

i prefer the relaxingness of dcc, with part time riding outside too. real sim mode is ok, but i'm not looking for that kind of challange usually, plus it doesn't really sim everything in the actual prototype cab (i have several opperator's manuals from emd and one of my friends when i was younger was a road forman of engines and i even got to go on a few real life cab rides, on working, not tourist road, trains) though it does hit the major points of actual operation i suppose.

=^^=
.../\...

I use cab mode, if I decide to take over a train from AI or if I Just want to do some switching.

Last edited:
Back