Trainz: London Underground

01making

As many people may have seen my youtube video of my layout Trainz L.U.(look it up on youtube now if you haven't ;) ) And i have been quite suprised by the popularity it has gotten (thankyou everyone!)
..Right, now to the problem! -- It is on my other computer running XP In january i installed a couple of betas (class 91, pendo and couple wagons) and since then Trainz has refused to work at all, I have tried reloading the game a couple of times but to no success. CMP also refuses to work so i was wondering If i could somehow manually extract my layouts and upload them on the download station to keep them safe while I delete everything Trainz relatated on the computer (there is a also alot of old models on there no longer use so would be nice to free up some space). I have searched through the trainz folders manually but have not been able to find a file with my layout it (Not sure if sure a folder exists either :confused: ).. So basicly is there any way i can extract Trainz L.U. and coupe of other layouts I was building to keep them safe while I redo everything??

Also would like to add,, i have tried deleting the assets.tdx file but this has not helped (It worked twice then not since:confused: )

I would not call myself an expert but have been using trainz for a number of years so i get the rough gist of how things work/don't work!

Many thanks... Dont forget to look up Trainz: London Underground on youtube if you haven't seen video :wave:

Hi since you cant get CMP to open or work the only option is to copy your Local folder which can be found inside the TRS2006 folder.
The local folder contains all your content so its all or nothing, you can copy this folder to another part of your PC into say My documents then it would not matter if you got rid of the 06 installation and started fresh

Last edited:
As many people may have seen my youtube video of my layout Trainz L.U.(look it up on youtube now if you haven't ;) ) And i have been quite suprised by the popularity it has gotten (thankyou everyone!)
..Right, now to the problem! -- It is on my other computer running XP In january i installed a couple of betas (class 91, pendo and couple wagons) and since then Trainz has refused to work at all, I have tried reloading the game a couple of times but to no success. CMP also refuses to work so i was wondering If i could somehow manually extract my layouts and upload them on the download station to keep them safe while I delete everything Trainz relatated on the computer (there is a also alot of old models on there no longer use so would be nice to free up some space). I have searched through the trainz folders manually but have not been able to find a file with my layout it (Not sure if sure a folder exists either :confused: ).. So basicly is there any way i can extract Trainz L.U. and coupe of other layouts I was building to keep them safe while I redo everything??

Also would like to add,, i have tried deleting the assets.tdx file but this has not helped (It worked twice then not since:confused: )

I would not call myself an expert but have been using trainz for a number of years so i get the rough gist of how things work/don't work!

Many thanks... Dont forget to look up Trainz: London Underground on youtube if you haven't seen video :wave:

Oh, you might know me commenting on the video, MJ08Anderson

Hi its me the creator of the underground assets...love the route..:)

Like I seid on your video..If you need help let me know..:)

Back