Poll: Do you like to watch?

Which camera position do you use most often whilst driving trains?

• Cab Camera

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • External (attached to the loco) Camera

Votes: 141 48.0%
  • Tracking (trackside) Camera

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • Roaming Camera

Votes: 37 12.6%

• Total voters
"External (attached to the loco) Camera"

But as mentioned in posts previously, I also switch between all options.

chrisw27:)

I think the problem with saying 'all of the above' is that everyone would pick it, and it wouldn't tell us anything :p
I agree with you there. There is a time and a place for "all the above" but at the moment it's not the right time.
Go tracking.:)

Bill

...I'm the Conductor...

8) I have RailDriver, so cab cam is a priority, and I push for realistic cabs, in all head end power.

No matter which camera I use, I try to get a location, position, method real photogs use for filming, still, cabride, aerial, etc, in viewing to make screenshots.

A lot of the time, I let the AI Driver operate, whilst I "rest" in the conductor seat.

Tracking for me. However I use them all, and I couldn't do without any of them.

It would be cool if Auran added a camera that would rotate between the 4 of them.

regards

Well I like to use the ******* view but to be honest I didn't/I may have voted in the poll!

Also, if people were honest, they would probably choose all the views (including the view not listed: from mid-train, not just from the loco) for different reasons.

Last edited:
@Tony_Hilliam,

you never wrote this, I think.

But do never cancel the "free roaming camera".

There are many users they would not buy Trainz again without this camera.

The free roaming camera, interactive industrie and driver commands are the greatest things for me in TrainZ.:cool:

I use them all about equally. It all depends on what I'm doing or what I want to see or how I want to see it and will jump around frequently.

:)

Rick

I clicked on tracking because I like setting up cameras and viewing from different angles, but the more I think about it I really should have clicked on roaming. I'm roaming a lot from one part of my layout to another, giving new orders to AI. (and checking to see if they went where I told them to go :udrool: )

I think the problem with saying 'all of the above' is that everyone would pick it, and it wouldn't tell us anything :p

It would tell us that we use all the cameras.:hehe: I know I do. Let's hope that TRS2009 gives us more cameras to play with.:udrool:

well i don't use any of the stationary cameras (haven't actually learned how yet, i'm still pretty much of a noob), and i only use the free roving camera to move from one consist to another, and sometimes to "get off the train and walk around".

otherwise, all the rest of the above as i mentioned before. so not an all of the above option but multiple choices, or some relative degree of which used more and less by each of us.

=^^=
.../\...

Mainly tracking but the others also get a workout. Should of had a ranking vote since it is clearly not an exclusive choice. 1=most, 4=least:
1 tracking
2 external
3 in cab
4 roaming

Silly Poll really, because like most users I use all of them.

I guess I use 'In Cab' and 'External' the most, but as it is a Poll I'll go External.

Cheers
Pete. Edit::: If I do use External, I don't necessarily stay attached to to Loco, sometimes I attach to one of the rolling stock.

Last edited:
Tony.

Its a good timing asking this question. Since more than two weeks, I have a great fun watching 8 trains running at the same time on my route. I use a lot free roaming cam as the trains are entering the bypass to let another train passing.

Andre.

Back