New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

The Adams, WI to Winona, MN (MADWI, aka Mad Wisconsin) Merchandise Train is using trackage rights via the CP to get to Winona as it runs on CP's Tomah Sub to get there

The train had to make a quick stop here at Tunnel city to speak to some police officers as some people were trespassing on the UP tracks...The UP and the State police were all involved at the time..The CP mainline can be seen behind the UP train

First stop will be here at Fort McCoy where it will set out some cars for the Base

Getting back up to track speed after making the set-out

Next stop will be here in Sparta where it will set out some lumber cars for the CP to switch up to the lumber yard (this area still needs to be worked on)

Coming thru Bangor and West Salem

Last pic we caught was him coming into La Crosse

Last edited:
After the UP went on by we stuck around for CP Train 198 to come thru La Crosse and continue onto Chicago

Boy these folks sure have a nice view of this line

The eastbound Empire Builder number 8 is right on time as slows for a station stop in La Crosse, WI.

After the UP went on by we stuck around for CP Train 198 to come thru La Crosse and continue onto Chicago

Boy these folks sure have a nice view of this line

May I ask where you got the cprail sd40-s? btw I cant belive how good your route is looking! There is a lot of very nice and realsitic detail!

The CP local G72 leaves the La Crosse yard and heads across the Mississippi to interchange with the ICE/DME in La Crescent with 2 SW1500's

Hopefully these 2 sister SW1500's stick around the area for a while....Would be nice to see some different power on G72

Last edited:
Bare with me on the locos for this shot....We dont have any DME or ICE locos, so I just used these with a CP sandwiched in the middle to represent the ICE and DME and such.....With that being said....Onto the pic

DM&E train 487 crosses the Misissippi River after doing work at La Crosse, WI.

Real shot of the area

Last edited:
BNSF prevents more wear and tear on Interstate 94....4 of the BNSF B40-8W's lead a hot intermodal train Z-SSECHC through BNSF's North La Crosse Yard. This train originated in South Seattle, destined for Chicago...

Some BNSF power laying over in the yard

G72 leaving La Crosse yard

G72 making its way to the other side of the river to swap cars

UP train MWIAD (Winona, MN - Adams, WI)

Here we catch MWIAD as it heads out of the tunnel here at Tunnel City as it hops off the CP and onto home rails

Coming thru the small town of Tunnel City

Outside of Tunnel City now, the train starts to pick up speed

Our train today had to hold up a bit to wait for BNSF train Z-CHCSSE to enter North La Crosse yard before we could pull out and head towards West Salem for todays work to be done

The Green Bay Coke loads head thru La Crosse headed for the C Reiss Coal dock in Green Bay WI...This train came from Rosemount MN

Back