EEP - Train Model Simulator 2008 [EEP 5.0] is now available in English.

AHSAN

IberTrainz Group
Hello

EEP - Train Model Simulator 2008 [EEP 5.0] is now available in English.

http://www.eep4u.com/eep5/english/

features: http://www.eep4u.com/eep5/english/index_fascinating.htm

Since TMS was designed with "Layers" for Map, Signalling, Constructions (man-made structures), Landscape elements etc and the Railways Network itself, the idea of multiple layouts has been implemented so that Networks other than Railways (eg Roads, Nautical and Aerial routes can be part of your completed Layout.

TMS includes a total of 4 totally independent and fully operational Networks:​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Railways - with multiple types of tracks and gauges, turnouts etc,... to create your Trains movements in Automatic or Manual mode[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roads - with multiple types of roads and the same elements as Railways, i.e. turnouts, traffic lights (signals) etc... to operate your Cars and Trucks just like you do for the Trains[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Light rail and Underground - with multiple types of tracks and gauges, turnouts etc,... to create your Tram and Subway networks[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aerial, Nautical, Wired to setup an invisible track system allowing aircraft and other aerial vehicles to travel your sky, Boats to navigate on rivers and lakes, or farming tractors to plaugh and harvest fields... and even create electrical power lines[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For safety reasons the four networks do not interact with each other, except through signalling. So, accidents never happen in EEP 5, even at level-crossings when one vehicule crosses another's pass. The same applies in each individual network. In EEP 5, there are no derailments or collisions.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have preferred to put the emphasis on the fascination and thrilling experience of building and operating a totally safe layout so that you'll never fear to experiment and enjoy..[/FONT][/SIZE]

http://www.eep4u.com/shopenglish/home.htm

Plugins: http://www.eep4u.com/eep5/english/index_fascinating.htm

automatically control the "Axes" (mobile parts) of Constructions and Network-Objects
that include this functionality, like rotating bridges, engine shed doors,...
- control smokes and fire of "Constructions" that include the option,
- set fire to a building and extinguish the fire !!!
- allow vehicles, as the cabins of a cable railway, to swing according to the wind,
- make thunder burst and flashes of lighting when the weather conditions are relevant,
- define the colour of the sky according to the TMS 2008 clock,
- control the lights of "Constructions" and "Network-objects" that allow the option,
- operate the stop lights and direction indicators of the Vehicles that incorporate the option,
- perform an automatic saving of your layout on disk,
- define (Windows XP et Vista) a "transparency" factor for the "Control" and "Radar" windows,
- display or hide the layout "Map" parameters,
- display all the "Contacts" of your layout at once: Signals, Turnouts,
Trains, Cameras, Constructions and Sounds.
control the whistle of a steam or diesel locomotive the horn of a truck, or a boat's siren,
- automatically control the uncoupling of the vehicles making a Train
and be able to perform shunting activities or other very realistic operations,
- make these operations even more realistic thanks to a vapor/smoke option
exhausting from the vehicle's heating and braking system,
or the vapor exhaust of some steam locomotives
when the whistle is activated
- control the water flow of a water standpipe to fill the tender or tank of a steam locomotive,
- in Cabview, experiment the "bumping" of locomotives "shuffled"
by rail junctions of old lines or service tracks,
- establish a logical relatonship between contacts for all controls,
- implement "double slip" turnouts as a unique "Network_object".
- automatically create a random landscape, hills, mountains, valleys,... for each new layout with multiple textures according to the terrain gradient,
- use the 3D Terrain Modeller and create fantastic sceneries including
elevated peaks as well as dizzy canyons,
- create meteorological conditions areas: rain, snow or or fog,
for breathtaking effects when you travel the area,
- display your complete Layout on one single screen with to the Mini-Zoom 2D
- control dust dropping from a crane bucket or from an active hopper
Important: This feature requires that Plugins 1 and 3 are installed !
- automatically search Signals and Turnouts using their ID
in large layouts with sophisticated sets of Signals and Turnouts,

Each Plugin comes with a Demonstration Layout and Models using
the newly implemented features and functionalities.

Finally Videos: http://www.eep4u.com/eep5/english/eep5_videos.htm

I'm still with Trainz.:Y:

Regards

Ahsan:)

Last edited:
eep

Hi ahsan, thank you for the information you have kindly supplied, very interesting, the plugins obviously play a very important part for the using of this simulator, I do not think that they will be freeware ! ! ! but no price of these items appears in the introduction, any idea of the cost of the plugins ? have you used this simulator ? are there any reports in english regarding how well this sim. compares with trainz, or msts, ?,,,,, kindest regards

Hi ahsan, thank you for the information you have kindly supplied, very interesting, the plugins obviously play a very important part for the using of this simulator, I do not think that they will be freeware ! ! ! but no price of these items appears in the introduction, any idea of the cost of the plugins ? have you used this simulator ? are there any reports in english regarding how well this sim. compares with trainz, or msts, ?,,,,, kindest regards

Hello

example on the German Site: http://www.eep4u.com/shopgerman/index.htm

19 Euros for the Plugin 4.

30 Euros for the sim in German and you save 10 Euros: http://www.eep4u.com/shopgerman/index.htm
bear in mind the German version has been released for a quite a while.

The English version of the sim has only just been released and is 40 Euros.

epp homepage: http://www.eep4u.com/

Last edited:
Hello

..you have to buy everything in the shop to buy EEP, since there is little freeware. Building your own is paid only with the EEP-house development tool
Nostrakter.
Not with 3ds Max or Gmax.

greets ice

eep

Hello, thank you ahsan and iceman, for the prompt info. you both supplied, thank you ahsan also for your email,.....regards

Hello

..you have to buy everything in the shop to buy EEP, since there is little freeware. Building your own is paid only with the EEP-house development tool
Nostrakter.
Not with 3ds Max or Gmax.

greets ice

I agree it all payware,;)

hi, ...

Smart Impress
The whole game concept in EEP is bad.
All models can only with their own model program
(is scrap) and there is little or tutorial assistance. GmaX and 3ds Max do not work (no Eporter).
Most users will necessarily buy the models.
But if the house costs € 0.50, then says good times at night and goodbye to your money.

It's just a model railway and it is almost just as expensive.
There's a demo for the game because you can easily own opinion.

Save your Time and Money, Trainz ist exclusiv the best in Moment.

greets ice

The Saga Begins

Ice is certainly right, I should know having given EEP a go.

About two years ago I started looking in ernest for a good railroad simulator, so as to simulate the operations of railroad (why else?). After a while I narrowed my list down to these rather well known simulators:

Trainz 2006
Zusi 2 (German sim)
EEP 5.0
MSTS

I had long considered MSTS, but after looking at its actual graphical quality and its many reported problems, among them being the lack of track in spline form, I decided to continue looking.

EEP was my next stop, I downloaded a demo for it and tried playing around with it. I very soon learned that trying to make even a pointlessly simple layout in EEP (by simple I mean a single track with a set of points somewhere along it) is like having an airbag blow up in your face. I was particularly unimpressed by the total lack of free content and the 2D cabs.

Two down, two to go. I then came to Zusi. From what I've gathered, Zusi is one of the more popular train simulators in Germany next to Trainz 2007 and MSTS (yes, there are still some fools who use it). I'd long heard that the vehicle physics were very life like, a friend of mine who happens to drive trains in real life told me that this is indeed true. I never bothered downloading a demo though, I just simply didn't feel like doing so, what I also didn't really like was the price, it just seemed a lot to pay. Since then I've downloaded the demo and given it a go many times, the only qualms I really have with it are the pitiful graphics (compared to Trainz at least) and the near total lack of 3rd party content as compared to other, more well known simulators. Then again Zusi itself is made by only one man, and if one man was able to accomplish this, than I certainly give him credit for doing so.

And of course, the best I saved for last. A friend of mine sent me some screenshots from a route of his which happened to be a very close replication of the preserved railroad line I volunteered at. My curiousity was piqued, the graphics and the content (namely my favorite class of railbus) looked to be of very good quality. After further inquiry I found out that he used Trainz 2004, I did some research and found that Auran had since then released Trainz 2006. I decided to go with the latest version and I downloaded the Hawes - Garsdale demo from the Auran website, the result? I was hooked. It was relatively easy to use, looked pretty good on my crummy, old desktop, and within a few days I got pretty used to tootling around in a BR Class 37 somewhere in Britain. I 'strongly hinted' to some certain people that I wanted Trainz 2006 for Christmas. Since then I've become quite a dedicated V scaler, I particularly liked the incredibly informative, supportive, and amusing community that came (free) with the game. Without whom I probably would still be in the dark on a good many Trainzy things.

All in all, Trainz is worth every penny, even when compared to a few other simulations which in some cases have been around a bit longer. It's got loads of free content, a great 'base community', and a massive international following stretching from the American Rockies to the banks of the Rhine. So far it's the best $150 (in addons and the subsequent release of Trainz 2007) I've spent, and I'd beg to differ with someone who thinks otherwise.

WileeCoyote:D

Last edited:
Hi. Long time no see.

If you don't want to listen to how I got hooked on eep don't read this:

I had got eep 3.0 as a birthday present. and I was hooked on it for the rest of my life because it was so flexible with when the signals go red. eep4.0 came out and i wanted to get it but that was like two years later. One year later EEP5.0 (German version) came out and I downloaded the demo of it but a year later I did buy eep4.0 (English version). A few months later eep5.0 (English version) came out and I'm trying to get it but I'm all out of money.

My top 3 favorite games are: Eep is my number 1 while rail simulator is 2nd and 3rd place is trainz.

same here:)
It looks nice, but I want a demo.
There is a demo version available somewhere on the internet.

What is 40 Euros in real money?..:p
It's about 31.88 pounds. But it does depend what you call
real money

Hello

Finally Videos: http://www.eep4u.com/eep5/english/eep5_videos.htm

I'm still with Trainz.:Y:

Regards

The videos don't work. I wonder if there are some alternative ones.

Wish you lots and lots of fun with your favorite game. I certainly do.

Just to let you know I'm still interested in trainz.

Benleet:D

Last edited:
I can't understand why any Trainzer would want to take a step back and waste time with EEP. It's kinda like watching This Is Cinerama in full technicolor and stereophonic sound and then saying: "I'd rather watch a nice silent black and white movie thanks" It just does not make sense. EEP is up there (or should that be down there?) with Hornby Virtual Railway and those dreadful train sims on cassette tape for early computers like the ZX Spectrum and Oric. EEP is so limited and user-unfriendly compared to Trainz that I cannot understand why anyone would bother with it, except to remind themselves how shockingly bad train sims once were.

To any Trainzer out there. DON'T DO IT! Don't waste time with this thing.
Then again, why should I be bothered creating miles and miles of beautiful countryside when I can be happy plodding around the same old baseboard, driving trains from the sky because they have no cab, and wondering why my life has got so dull that I can't find something more interesting to do.

Best wishes,
Padster

Maybe it's just me but I would actually say that I would rather watch a nice black and white movie because their sometimes more funny then the colour. Maybe it's because I like the country when it was in the 1970s-1980s. How I can relate it back to eep I don't know.:eek:

By the way Every trainzer in the whole world has a choice to make. what that choice is we need to support it. even though it bight be absolutely rubbish through your eyes it might not in their eyes. it's like me, my brothers and my trains in general. My brother said that i should get interested in guns and not into trains but I wouldn't have meet these forums in the first place if I had listened to them. so in the end it was my choice to come on here in the first place.:wave:

Is it all in "black and white" to you now?;):hehe:

P.S. I'm not even sure if eep is a train simulator.

Last edited:
Back