The iportal club

Jimmyp4

Hello
Because its hard to find people on all the time i though, maybe we should make an iportal club, a group that meets on certain days and times to send trains around.

I'm not going to start the club just yet but to see how this works.....

Tomarrow Wendsday I'm setting up an iportal meet for later in the day

I'd say maybe we could start at 6PM mountain time (enough time for people to home from school and work).

Everybody broadcast here just before you boot up trainz so we know whos going to be on and who to add to our buddy lists.

I'm working on a custom route right now (built from the ground up) that i'll be using tomarrow

Any takers?

Sorry bout that short and confusing post above.

My idea is, have people choose route they like to use and make a route map out of them, so we have an entire railroad setup.

On run days we could just load a saved session (with the peoples names already programed into the portal from the previous session) and continue right from where we left off :) .

I would suggest using teamspeak instead of i-chat though because there seems to be problems with the server at the moment.

I'm taking McCall Yard:
Route specs
Number of I-portals: 6, 2 on each end of the mainline and 1 on each end of the brachline
Number of regular portals: none
Number of people i could connect to: 4
McCall yard has a ton of industrys (i'll go get my commoditys in a bit), a fairly good sized engine facility, and a mid-sized classifaction yard. No passenger support (nor do i think i'll install a station but i'll accept run-thoughs). This is pretty much a 4 way splitter route that has one mainline through the middle and two shortline/branchline connections.

I don't really care if the routes support commoditys or are just run though, they could be a tourist line even. Just make shure you have a reason to send trains or want to send trains and not just chat on teamspeak.

If you want to run certain non-default engines contact the person next to you and see if they have that engine or would be willing to download it. I would be 100% willing to download new engines and i have a engine facility so i could swap motive power to stuff the people on the other side have.

Anybody wanna join, make a suggestion, or critisize?

The idea is very good, but the main problem remains the iServer, at least here in Europe because it takes more than two months without work properly.

Salut.

I do have an iportal club myself but nobody does not seem to be interested though. This is because nearly all of the trainz community is either on G-max, in survayor, using landscape-creation kits (such as DEM) and/or programming scenarios.

I am interested in the iportal system and the club you are trying to 'set up'. I have a custom route built for iportal use with an industrial complex with the common industries (i.e. power plant, lumber mill, etc.), passenger terminal. and automated express/local passenger services. It has 2 iportals (1 in and 1 out), 2 re-rail portals (1 in and 1 out) and the route is electrified with overhead wires for the use of AC electrics with a pantograph.

By the way, what are you going to call your iportal club anyway?

well i have teamspeak sever set up and ready to run just cant find enuf ipotral users to make use of it
Ok, we'll use that one because mine flopped.

The idea is very good, but the main problem remains the iServer, at least here in Europe because it takes more than two months without work properly.

Salut.
Auran had it fixed for awhile but then about 2 months ago it went down hill.
They Should be able to fix it again.

I do have an iportal club myself but nobody does not seem to be interested though. This is because nearly all of the trainz community is either on G-max, in survayor, using landscape-creation kits (such as DEM) and/or programming scenarios.

I am interested in the iportal system and the club you are trying to 'set up'. I have a custom route built for iportal use with an industrial complex with the common industries (i.e. power plant, lumber mill, etc.), passenger terminal. and automated express/local passenger services. It has 2 iportals (1 in and 1 out), 2 re-rail portals (1 in and 1 out) and the route is electrified with overhead wires for the use of AC electrics with a pantograph.

By the way, what are you going to call your iportal club anyway?
I used to do alot of work in surveyor and stuff but was never very good at it.
Ok your route sounds good, we just need to figure out which side of my route you want to be connected to.
I dunno what to call the club maybe "the iportal club"? LOL

i really wnat to be in a iportal club, none of my friends use it anymore, can i join.

my route is maria pass approach, i edited it though.

can i join on the seesions, tomorrow

Not quite teamspeak allows somewhat of a form of typing
You could still hear us though

Do you know how to send through iportal?

ok, engine you got xfire?
We'll use xfire for the people who don't have mic's.

I only can receieve coal and diesil.

Back