Locomotive Moved!

Looks like a Baldwin to me... (points at where the builder's plates go)

She looks like she's in better shape even than our 4046*! :D

*A USRA 0-6-0 which we ran up until 20 years ago, the bottom of her boiler jacket has rusted out, exposing asbestos. SHe's the steam loco in best condition here... :eek:

You're right, it is a Baldwin! The railroad that donated it still has a second Baldwin and a Vulcan. The builder's plate was removed for the move, so it will be put back on.

I think it would be nice to restore it back to service and use it at various railr fairs around the country.

I would be glad to help. With a whole NJROTC unit at my disposal I guess you could get some help. But no promises.

So whats the plan for the engine?

Old 97 huh. Been a long time since I last worked on it. :)

Well then how's the progress on it. Last I saw it was still on a flatcar.

Oh well. Finances, a railroad museums greatest enemy and strangely, ally. Hehe. :cool:

I hope to work on it again soon. Give me a call or a message if you need my help with anything at the museum. Me and my boys will be over to help out:cool: .

Peace

Smokey,
97's boiler is still on the flat.

Saying we are busy on 97 is not exactly correct. More accurate: we're busy on projects that keep us from working on 97 (in my case, GE 44 tonners). The money is also still an issue.

Bonus points to the first person to find me in one of the move photos.

Cheers,
Ben
Mechanic - Southeastern Railway Museum

Ferrous got it first, albeit by cheating. lilb is also correct. Your prizes are a free loco of your choice, as long as it is already available from my website. :p

Cheers,
Ben

Really? I almost thought that looked like me up there!:D Unfortunately, I've never gotten such privileges:( . Besides, to get me up there it would probably take more than that shoveler that removed the engine's stack!:p Maybe the museum's railway crane would work!:eek:

Dang, I should have saw that.

BTW I didn't know that 97 was not a proirity (spelling). Anyhow I will still offer my assistance for any project that needs help.

Ferrous got it first, albeit by cheating. lilb is also correct. Your prizes are a free loco of your choice, as long as it is already available from my website. :p

I'd like to thank the academy, and all the little people out there! Wow, these things are heavy! :p

Something else caught my attention, the railroad wasn't operating on those days, was it? I don't think we would have been able to watch the move from the train...:eek:

Back