Retaining account information.

Padster

Returned...
Like most Trainzers, I have come to realise that I have downloaded far too much stuff and it is beginning to slow Trainz down. So, I am thinking of doing a complete re-install and starting all over again, because I am going to attempt my first ever route upload to the DLS (yes, I know its odd but I haven't uploaded anything since starting with Trainz in 2004!) and I want to keep the number of KUIDs on the light side so people have a nice quick download. So, the question is: will I be able to retain my account information as it stands after Trainz has been re-installed?

Best wishes,
Padster

By account information do you mean backup all that you have downloaded and created just in case. Or your planet Auran profile?. Backing up procedures for 2004 are nice and simple. Copy/move the TRS2004\World\custom folder and the TRS2004\World\Dispatcher\Downloads folder. If/when you come to restore the backed up data then simply move/copy these folders back to their respective locations. 2006-TC is different and I'm not sure on the specifics of that so I'll leave that one for someone else. When you do reinstall your game, any version your planet Auran profile will remain in tact. If you can't remember/lost the CD key for the version your installing then your planet Auran profile will have this listed IF you have registered the copy with your profile.

Rob

If you have TRS2006, then you need to copy the local folder, as well as assets.tdx, and assets.bku (if it exists). Assets.tdx is in the main TRS2006 folder, and assets.bku is in the cache folder.

If you're using 2006, archive off all your downloaded assets onto a DVD. (i.e. everything that isn't built in)

Then you can find out exactly what's needed for a route - and you won't have to worry about the availablilty of the DLS!

Colin

Back