How Do You Put Fuel And Water In A Locomotive Tender???

mad_railman91

True New York Central Fan
Hello, I have just downloaded Frisco 1522 and its tender wont accept fuel oil or water what is the script that it requires:confused: ?

Thankfully,

Nick

Use a "steam filling station" or better still a TPR Engine track. The Frisco might be an oil burner but she's configured to burn coal. You need to configure the loading track in Surveyor to produce coal and water (and lots of it) and then in Driver stop with the tender over the loading track. If you right mouse click on the tender you'll see it fill.

Cheers

Nix

I have tried that and it doesn't fill up so it may be something with the scripts but I couldn't figure it out to save my life!!!:eek:

If your tender is full it won't fill. You can always empty the tender in Surveyor by using the "?" button in the rollingstock tag and clicking on the tender. In the dialogue box that opens you can set the coal and water levels to whatever you want.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not working for you. Try downloading some of the other mountain locos by Euphod and see if you have the same issue. :confused:

Basically you set everything up in Surveyor and it's meant to work when in Driver. The tender needs to be empty and the refilling place needs to be set to produce coal and water. That's it. Unless you don't have the products coal or water (I thought they were built in).

Cheers

Nix

Eureka!!

I think I may have found the problem, the Engine Configuration for 1522 is faulty:) wait:confused: thats not good can someone help me fix it!!

The original Frisco 4-8-2 model was for UTC and was not steam enabled. You have to make several changes to it and the tender - config file edits - to get it to run as a steam loco. To answer your 1st question the tender needs to have load-coal and load-water queues added to the config to make it function as a steam enabled tender. A tender 1 tag should also be added but it's only to keep the AI from separating them on a run around. An optional script is available to keep it from being unloaded at industries that unload coal.

For the loco you need a new steam-engine spec ref, a new interior ref and a new enginesound ref. The main bogie should get a new direct-drive 1 tag.

There is a thread in the forum somewhere that someone copied from Phil Skene's thread in the old forums about updating older steam locos to function as steam enabled ones under trs4 and 6. IIRC it used the Frisco as the example loco to update.

Bob Pearson

Edit: Try this thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=949

Last edited:
The thread is over a decade old. Better off making a new one.
You need to find the fuels that the mallards tender uses, find a industry that produces it (e.g. coal), then pull up underneath it. And it should automatically load.

I also can't help but notice you are using (at the newest) a trainz version over a decade old as well, so I really don't know if this will work, as I don't have much experience with TS2010.

Back