NO UPDATES AGAIN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpnine

Have been waiting for two weeks - no DLS updates, what is the problem - have a first class ticket and am getting fifth class service!!!! [Pa, USA].

Nonsense! The last update was 10 days ago and not 14. Also, the FCT doesn't include daily updates but lifts the speed and download quota limits.

No Updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had this happen several times!!! Everyone says updates are occuring yet I see nothing!!!! Then inconsistantly I see updates. You can't tell me everything is fine when this seem to happen on an almost regular basis. My best guess is a seperate server is not catching the updates. I complain, but get no Auran service!!!!

I suppose it depends on which catagory you are looking for updates, against which catagories the creators are uploading for.
The Trainz staff are few in number, with many tasks to perform & can only place on the dls, the items that are submitted without faults, by the membership.
I am fairly sure that there are still plenty of items on the dls that you do not have on your hard drive, download those whilst you are waiting.

Lack of Updates

Why is no-one from Auran responding to this thread. As far as I can see the last item uploaded was 18th April and as it is now 29th, that is 11 days, at least it is in the maths system I was taught.

Maybe they've just gone off on holiday or something but it would be nice, even polite, if the members were given an explanation.

Reynaud2

Why is no-one from Auran responding to this thread. As far as I can see the last item uploaded was 18th April and as it is now 29th, that is 11 days, at least it is in the maths system I was taught.

Maybe they've just gone off on holiday or something but it would be nice, even polite, if the members were given an explanation.

Reynaud2

Why don't you read some of the dozens of other topics about the same subject? There you will find why there are less updates and why there are hardly any posts by Auran employees.

Lack of Updates

A search for 'No Updates' doesn't actually produce very much and no answers have been posted in this thread, not even from yourself.

Perhaps you would like to provide references to the first dozen threads you have found, so we can learn what the cause of the problem is?

Reynaud2

A search for 'No Updates' doesn't actually produce very much and no answers have been posted in this thread, not even from yourself.

Perhaps you would like to provide references to the first dozen threads you have found, so we can learn what the cause of the problem is?

Reynaud2

I already know why so I don't need to look for it. I am not very willing to do your job. Just type in "DLS" in the search and all your questions will be answered.

You don't have to look very hard,Going to the DLS/FCT forum shows up several threads on this subject.
Bruce

No Updates

I already know why so I don't need to look for it. I am not very willing to do your job. Just type in "DLS" in the search and all your questions will be answered.

Typing in "DLS" in the search actually gets "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." even in advanced search and searching All Open forums.

I read a post the other day from someone who was pleased that there were so many friendly people on the forum who were prepared to help with answers to his questions. Obviously not all are so helpful.

Reynaud2

Typing in "DLS" in the search actually gets "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." even in advanced search and searching All Open forums.

Obviously not all are so helpful.

Reynaud2

Correct. Especially when the ones who ask question waste their time answering my inane posts instead of using their brains to look for the answer themselves.

There is a whole forum named DLS and FCT. Why don't you move your complaining self over there instead of whining about my posts?

No Updates

You don't have to look very hard,Going to the DLS/FCT forum shows up several threads on this subject.
Bruce

Hi Bruce

The last I can see is 'Any signs of life on the DLS today' which was started on 7th April but there were a lot of updates on the DLS between that and the 18th. Since then there have only been a few posts to the thread and they were mostly about uploads.

In the DLS/FCT others, more senior than I, are asking the same question currently so I'm not the only one who can't find a current answer.

Reynaud2

No Updates

Correct. Especially when the ones who ask question waste their time answering my inane posts instead of using their brains to look for the answer themselves.

There is a whole forum named DLS and FCT. Why don't you move your complaining self over there instead of whining about my posts?

I'll not respond to your insults.

I assume from the tenor of your reply that you'll be glad to know I'll not respond to any more of your "inane posts".
Reynaud2

I read a post the other day from someone who was pleased that there were so many friendly people on the forum who were prepared to help with answers to his questions. Obviously not all are so helpful.

Reynaud2

As you've discovered, Search won't recognize any words with 3 or fewer letters.

Steady on lads,taking your frustrations out on each other,doesn't really help and will,in all probability,result in the thread being pulled.

Reynaud2, I didn't actually say,the other threads provided an answer,I was merely trying to direct you to them.Sorry if I mislead you. I am afraid we just have to accept the downloads,as and when they appear.Hopefully things will improve,in time.
Regards Bruce

No Updates

Steady on lads,taking your frustrations out on each other,doesn't really help and will,in all probability,result in the thread being pulled.

Reynaud2, I didn't actually say,the other threads provided an answer,I was merely trying to direct you to them.Sorry if I mislead you. I am afraid we just have to accept the downloads,as and when they appear.Hopefully things will improve,in time.
Regards Bruce

Sorry Bruce. No, I didn't mean to suggest that you inferred that the other threads had answers to the current blockage of updates to the DLS.

Thanks for your help.

Reynaud2

Totally neutral post.....but does it really matter if there are no updates for a little while??

Whether I download content on the 1st of a given month or 16th or the 23rd.....I still get the content. Right??

Totally neutral post.....but does it really matter if there are no updates for a little while??

Whether I download content on the 1st of a given month or 16th or the 23rd.....I still get the content. Right??

Correct! It seems though that some people fear the heavens will fall on their head when there isn't a daily update of the DLS.

OK you have finally got me to reply to one of these inane threads.

Could someone please show me where it is written that the dls is updated on any kind of regular basis, all I see on my box is that there are thousands of items on the dls to be downloaded.
Just because Auran DID update it at frequent intervals does not mean that they have to, it doesn't even mean that they have to update it ever again :hehe:

Anyone that knows me also knows that I am not an Auran yes boy, but these 'Auran must' or I will complain incessantly, or even sue, threads by cry babies are becoming an every day occurrence that only serve to push down the more interesting threads.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back