Stange Thing Happening In Surveyor

TrainMan12

Got back to my route today. I started laying the major highway and some chainlink fence around a microwave tower. So, I'll go and place a large group of trees, copy and paste them, tweak them, then come back to find the highway is in the air, the fence is linked to some gravel road miles away, and they won't delete. It just says "Cannot Delete The End of A Vertex". I don't think I touched them. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Thanks in advance!

This may be a reason - have you used the "undo button" at the top of the Surveyor window. I had all sorts of strange splines and things not being in the right places etc. Trainzers helped me solve this with many suggestions and it has not happened again - I will not use the "undo" now for any reason - it is easier and less frustrating to manually change any mistakes.
Maybe the reason - hope this helps.

Ron

I had a very similar wierd thing happen with some track.
I opened my route I have been working on for a few monthes and maybe 4 random sections of track stretching from on end to the other and sometimes off the boards but contected to working track and itself.
Kind like I held the track and skewed through the whole map.

This may be a reason - have you used the "undo button" at the top of the Surveyor window. I had all sorts of strange splines and things not being in the right places etc. Trainzers helped me solve this with many suggestions and it has not happened again - I will not use the "undo" now for any reason - it is easier and less frustrating to manually change any mistakes.
Maybe the reason - hope this helps.

Ron
huh does it do the same thing if you hit [ctrl]+[z]? I've never had trouble doing that and actually never realized that there was a undo button....come to think of it, there was one in UTC so i would asume it would still be there.

peter

I hope Auran fixes the undo option in the next service pack. About 9/10ths of the time I use it crashed to the desktop.

I didn't know there was an "un do button" I use CTRL+Z, which is probably the same thing. Never had a problem.
When I did levels for Duke Nukem 3D I ocasionally had walls and such connect them selves on there own ib ways that would crash the game. That is where backups come in handy.
According to Auran, there will be no more service packs for TRS2006. I believe them.

Back