Is There an Alternative to the Expensive G-Max Content Creator???

mad_railman91

True New York Central Fan
I have just looked at the price of the G-Max System by Auto Desk and the Basic element alone costs 3,495 USD!!!:confused: :eek: :'( :(
does, any one know about a cheaper alternative to g-max?
(price Range max 50USD) I know I am working on the South Shore Project, but there are things not on the download station that I would like to create, and maybe put on the download station.

Thankfully,

Nick

3D Studio Max is the expensive one, GMax is free! It's downloadable from TurboSquid.

Cheers
Dave

gmax is indeed freeware. Download it from here.

You'll also need the Trainz Content Creation Pack (also called the Trainz Asset Creation Studio). This is also freeware and can be downloaded from here.

There's a set of links to some excellent gmax and other tutorials here. Start with the Brick Box tutorial, it's by far the easiest but most people find it tricky to begin with. gmax isn't easy.

Most people need to purchase a book on gmax in order to get to grips with it. There are several, one of which is "gmax Bible" by Kelly Murdock.

HTH, John

3D Canvas is also very good, not free will cost around £30 GBP for the edition with Trainworks. If you have source files from other 3D modelling programmes (e.g. TSM for MSTS) it can also import these so all you need to do is retexture the models before exporting to TRS.

Another

And another tool called Blender. Not sure where you get that from though, but I am sure somebody will put a link up soon.

Angela

Blender is here. I think you have to export the results from Blender into gmax, then from gmax into Trainz format.

For introductory descriptions, Wikipedia has articles on all these programs.

John

Nick: You are at school, a student, so you will qualify for the student license of 3DSMax, a cheaper alternative

Back