Harlem Line

VioletMuse

Hello all, I am interested to know if anyone has explored the Harlem Line. I have been thinking about ordering it.

Violet

I have explored some of it, not all of it though. Its a fun route, 2 tracks, nice scenery too. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with it on the part I have run. Its also good practice for stopping your trains in the right spots and just stopping them at all getting caught up in the details. Lots to explore.

ICE6404

If you are going to order it, I would suggest ordering Trainz Railwayz from Target.com. It has TC and the DVD version of TRS2006 with SP1 already installed.

I have a question, how do I back up my Trainz Files to a disk, just the rolling stock and stuff

You can save your local folder to a DVD or CDs if you want.
When you want to bring that saved content back into Trainz, use CMP to import the folder. This process can take a long time to complete so plan on doing it when you're going to bed, for example. Once it's done you need to commit the content. Select all, and hit CTRL & M at the same time. This process can take a while too so plan on doing something else away from your computer.

John

Hi everyone.

I've been looking at the Trainz Classics program to go with TRS2006 SP1 that I have.

However, when as I'm looking over the official teaser pics and videos about the Classics Harlem Line, I see some of the lines most important trains are absent. By this I refer to the M1 and M3 railcars, quick reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_(railcar)

More worryingly, in all the fan productions on Youtube etc, don't show them either! It's all M7s, ACMU 1100s, Shoreliner carraiges and the locomotives, Fl-9 and P42 (Genesis).

I ask because the Cosmopolitans - M1 through M6, are my favourite trains, not only on Metro North but possibly anywhere! Not only that, but for a long time, these trains were the staple of electric service on both the Harlem and Hudson lines. They still are somewhat common and Indeed even today on the New Haven Line, their catenary enabled variants, the M2, M4, and M6, are the only electric trains in operation.

Could anyone who has Trainz Classics please tell me if the M1s and/or M3s can be seen/driven there? If so, some pics would be very much appreciated. :)

Ouch! Personally, I think a Metro North simulation without the classic Cosmopolitans is like an egg free omlette, or an alcohol free beer. :(

Thanks for the heads-up.

Back