Giving up on trainz

:hehe: Satisfied TRS2006 users are coming out of the cabinet! :hehe:

;)The Brisbane Team should use this one as a real testimony for future ads. :hehe:

The satisfied side of Alberte :wave:

Shhhhh!!!! We can't let everyone know we have no problems!

John

For what it's worth, here's another happy TRS2006 user. I also have TRS2004 loaded but haven't touched it for about a year now. While I had a few problems when I installed 06 on my latest PC (see below), I persevered and it's now running faultlessly. And I don't have any great PC skills; I just followed the installation instructions including paying close attention to the fabulous advice I found on the Forum for installing Trainz on a Vista PC. And I haven't had ANY sound problems with 06.

If it helps, my system is Dell Inspiron 530 desktop, Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 processor, Windows Vista Home Premium, 3GB NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM memory, 2 x 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s hard drives, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 8600GT video card. And Trainz looks sensational on a Dell 24" UltraSharp Widescreen LCD panel, without any distortion of the image.

While my main interest is running trains, mostly Australian prototype, I've created quite a few unique layouts, usually by modifying and/or merging existing layouts. I couldn't be happier.

Cheers
Crosshead

I was one of the TRS04 die hards when 06 first came out but I sold out in the end and run it almost flawlessly. What I will say is that if you do have problems they tend to be due to content (I had fewer crashes than I had in 04 though) or hardware faults. I just upgraded my PC and it has made the world of difference.

Andy

Many moons ago, I too felt like how the originator of this thread felt:confused:

Trainz, wether 04 or 06 was getting me really frustrated. I downloaded extra routes made by wonderful creators, tried to copy those routes in my own inimitable way and decided that too was hard to do. Then to top it all off, I was in a divorce battle with my ex-wife, pc was playing up....("computer says no"):eek: , then eventually moving out to a place on my own. For a guy who had been married for almost 25 yrs this was a low blow indeed.
Whilst on my own, no internet, no friends around,because I'd moved to a new area, the only thing that kept me going was Trainz or Flt Sim2002.then 2004/fs9. I joined the Trainz Community, didnt have to ask a lot of questions because the answers where all there on the old forums.
Those forums where a wonderful place, full of fun,laughter and cheekiness from a lot of contributors. Then sadly, it came to a state of if you said anything funny it was misconstrued by some of the moderators and all hell would let loose..!!!
Thankfully it seems to be reverting back to the "fun days". Nowadays I just lurk around and see what's going on. In the "old days" it was, if I remember correctly, Euphod, was with the quick replies and today it seems to be Alberte..... keep it up Amigo...
oh and suffice to say, after installing many Gb's of memory on my system...Trainz runs .....just.....:hehe:

As for the new MSTS11...FSX Engine ..!!! we'll all need super dooper Cray Systems to even install it ..!!!! never mind run it...

Give me Trains any version anytime

moggy:)

Leaving Trainz?

I run TRS06 and am building my first ambitious route. Yes, the learning curve seems daunting, but the more I play with it the more I am impressed. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have had no problems that a few minutes with the manual or the forum or Jack Daniels or all three have not solved.

Maybe the problem is perspective. Anyone who wants to give up should be forced to install and try to play Sid Meier's Railroads! first, something I would not now do even at gunpoint.:hehe: This would not work in the US as we have a Constitutional provision against cruel and unusual punishment!

IMHO Trainz is challenging, fun, and, with the application of patience, very rewarding.

Bernie
a satisfied customer :)

I recently returned to TRS2006 after a further frustrating attempt to make progress in KRS. Trainz may have its faults and indeed far from perfect, but compared to KRS it's like a breath of fresh air.

And the more I read about TC3, the more I'm really looking forward to it.

I recently returned to TRS2006 after a further frustrating attempt to make progress in KRS. Trainz may have its faults and indeed far from perfect, but compared to KRS it's like a breath of fresh air.

And the more I read about TC3, the more I'm really looking forward to it.

So you are returning to the dark side then Vern? Just think, August would be your 8th year here. :) (More like 5 to 6 as you have been in and out like a yo-yo since 04. ;-) )

Anyway, KRS, got it, interested in developing for it, gave up, need I say more?

So you are returning to the dark side then Vern? Just think, August would be your 8th year here. :) (More like 5 to 6 as you have been in and out like a yo-yo since 04. ;-) )

Anyway, KRS, got it, interested in developing for it, gave up, need I say more?

Actually 8 years it is, on and off, as I was in at the beginning i.e. mid 2000 when Greg Lane first postulated his ideas and John Banks helped bring the community together.

Sometimes I still hanker after those early days when it was all fresh and new and there were programmes like Railsim (the original German one) and Train Driver 3 which you could create routes for fairly quickly without needing a CAD or art degree to do so.

TRS does at least combine reasonable simulation with an approachable editor, at least so far as routes are concerned. Let's hope TC3 gives Auran enough incentive (and revenue!) to push the franchise forward a little albeit sticking to the roots of accessibility.

Back