update to2006

baz66

I'm no nearer to solving my reg problem. Maybe someone can help.
I have fct for 2004 and have bought 2006 to use.However the reg seems to use the 2004 all the time and when I tried to reg the 2006 version, Auran told me I can't have two reg"s The y don't answer mail. I don't want to take 2004 off >I have it on a different HD.Any Ideas?

Perhaps you do not use CMP for d/loading into TRS06 and use only DLHelper from TRS04. Have you configured CMP proper for d/loading from the DLS?

Or do you d/load the files as .cdp files via FTP and when clicking these to install, they only go to TRS04?

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Thanks for your interest.
It appears everything is going to cmp properly. I just don,t think there is any 06 stuff because my 2004 version does not initiate 06 in the search engine. Just as a matter of interest, In the manual, it shows trainz exchange in the surveyor/driver/railyard menu. I don't get exchange listed under those.Perhaps your'e right and I haven,t got my copy reg properly. Also my black assets missing screen comes up in spanish(I think).How do I change back to english.Thank again for your help.
baz66

When you installed TRS06, did you follow all installation instructions and after installation of TRS06, did you configure it proper with your TRS04 user name, user number etc.? Did you install TRS06 with a different name (say, TRS06 or such) to a different partition on your hard disk?

If you did all correctly, perhaps you have a bad install of TRS06 and you could always uninstall it and re install it again and see if anything has changed for the better. You also have to let CMP in TRS06 know all your details like user name, number, log on details etc. for CMP to reach the DLS or it will not function.

If you uninstall TRS06 and reinstall it again, this is the time to apply Service Pack 1 (SP1) on a new install if the version of TRS06 you have is not yet upgraded to it.

Rereading your post, do you use CMP to d/load from the DLS? If it is configured properly (look in its options/configuration), it should log on and TRS04 should never get in its way.

Re you are not seeing any TRS06 items when manually searching, all you need to do (if searching) click on TRS06 in the content box as well and perhaps d/load items without DLHelper(04) or CMP(06) and d/load the items directly via FTP as a .cdp file. Info of how to do this is on the DL page of the item you would like to d/load. That way if installing the .cdp file, you can direct it to the TRS version you want it for and keep the .cdp file as a backup as well.

*Edit: Did you register TRS06 with AURAN too?

Cheers

VinnyBarb

I don't know if this will help you or not.
In TRS2004 in: C>Programfiles>Auran>TRS2004>Bin, theres a TrainHelper icon.
You can use it to direct your downloads into either 2004 or 2006.
You can right click on it and create a short cut to your desktop.

update to 2006

Thanks Gentlemen
Your,e info is greatly appreciated. Being one of the computer lower end (which Means I know very little) I think EMPHASIS THINK I have done everything properly. With such a complicated program it's hard to know.
Anyway, a much more serious problem has arisen. My wife and I each have a computer networked and she passed a virus to mine which stopped trainz from working. I reinstalled OK but CMP doesn't go to the download station anymore so for the time being, I'll go back to 04 which still works fine.Thanks again for your help. This is in my opinion one of the most informative forums on the web and a joy to read. Wish I knew more about real trains and how they work but it's fun (and time consuming) anyway
Baz66

Hi Baz,

I hope your virus problem's over - I've invested in one of the commercial packages. The licence covers 3 installations, so all the computers in our house are protected the same - and that's this side of the router firewall....

When you use the DLS search (i.e. the web page), there are a number of tick boxes for versions.

I have both 2004 and 2006 registered in my profile and both boxes are ticked (by default) when I use the the DLS.
If you are not seeing that, then it's possible that your profile (click on the "profile" tab at the top of this page) doesn't have both versions recorded.

HTH,

Colin

Here's the funny thing. I originally thought I had to reg both progs separate so I changed the Id and P/Word slightly. Now 2004 download station let's me log on the original name/P/w but I have to use the new one to reply to this message. Bit of a giggle really but maybe the helpdesk is not amused. I did send a mail to them but had no answer apart from saying my copy is not the real thing. I can assure all that it was bought at Harvey Norman in a sealed box. What do you reckon. Have I found a loophole or what. Love to hear from Auran
Baz66 or baz67 Whatever!

Back