New to this game

dorimcheon

hello folks,
just found this game searching online
i don't have a copy of it yet but how does it work? you need to pay (besides the game) to get cool stuff?

is it difficult to create new stuff for this game? i'm particularly interested in creating subway routes and stuff

any tips appreciated before i dive in and buy

Hello. no, you don't have to pay to get cool stuff, however there are payware items that are generally better than the rest. for example, you can buy a very nice ac4400cw from world of trainz, for $5.00 usd. creating content does take some practice though. (It can take up several years to get good at it. however, it is fun, even if you are bad at it. take me for example. i suck at it yet i cant stop doing it.:) however a subway route should be easier as you don't have to put textures in, or scenery. just the track and signals. Klinger recently came out with a subway route, and i beleive it's freeware. (Klinger can tell you that.) but anyway, trainz is a good buy.

welcome to trainz!
john

Welcome to Trainz and the Trainz Forum, Dorimcheon. Buy it, believe me you won't be sorry. It will be money well spent, just make sure that your system can handle what is, a very demanding programme.
As for Payware, (paid for content as opposed to free items,) that is entirely your choice.
I use both, and, yes, like any hobby, (because that is what Trainz has become for myself and thousands of others), it well repays any extra cash you may choose to spend on it.
Also, a word of warning, prepare to kiss your social life goodbye, it is a very addictive, (in the best possible sense of the word), and you will find yourself spending many, many hours, with it. Good Luck.:)

A very addictive game hmm yerr were's the trainz rehab cause I need it I've had the game a couple of months and never away from the game now. My girlfriend forgot what I looked like cause she never see's me anymore and we live together lol.

Anyways go get it its a great investment plus a great community

I agree with the above and even more - it takes over and becomes a "way of life" after two and a half years I am still finding things new to explore and conquer.
I never knew or thought much about Trains (tall ships were my hobby)until I saw the Trainz 2004 on my mates PC and got hooked big time.
No regrets at all - as I am retired I wonder how much time I would have free without this hobby. Working in Surveyor and creating routes etc. is fascinating.
Go for it !!!

Ron

OOO nice

I want to model something after the Seoul subway map and their trains, it is so CLEAN and AWESOME

i will go hunt around for free stuff and then buy the game

thanks all, where can I get tutorials for content making... if subway tunnel creation is easy then I'm going to do it :D

after all my college apps are done of course ;)

I'll tell you how addicting it is. My wife has been playing The Sims for quite some time now (she's an expert at it). Then, I found Trainz almost a year ago and since that time, I've become an addict. So much so, that I bought her a computer for her Sims so that I could keep this one for Trainz. We sit side by side, she with her addiction and me with mine. Buy it, you won't be sorry. It does take some time to get comfortable with it, but you won't regret it. I bought a RailDriver the other day and it should be here in the next couple of days. Can't wait for it to get here.

Most of the free stuff is on the Download Station (DLS). You need a registered copy of Trainz to download from there, but when you do, it automatically loads into the game as long as you have your programs installed right. It's really easy. Even I can do it.
Once you get your copy registered and a subway layout downloaded, examine it carefully to see how it's built, then make a few of your own. If you get stuck, feel free to come back to ask more questions. We're a fairly decent bunch. We'll get you set up with G-max and tutorials and all that fun stuff.

:cool: Claude

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006.

Oh and forgot to mention
sign_Welcome.gif
to the wonderful world of Trainz!

HTH

Dave

Last edited:
Welcome to Trainz,

If you click on my banner at the bottom you will get to see some screenshots of just some of the many things you can do with Trainz.
TRS'06 comes with so much content already installed that it will give you a great start to begin with. Downloading is all part of the program and so is driving once you install it you will be able to do everything without buying more.

the problem with trainz driver is that no one has it. if you get it, you won't be able to get help as it just came out. i personally would recomend trainz 2006.

John O'Neill

Trainz Driver Edition is released Feb. 24, 07. Also, TDE has no Surveyor. Just Driver and Railyard. It's also impossible to add addons.

Back