How do you make a TGA file a JPG file?

mad_railman91

True New York Central Fan
Hello Everybody!

I have ran into a snag, I am confused as to how to convert a TGA file (a Trainz screenshot default on my computer that uses Quicktime) to a JPG file.:confused: I need to be able to edit the pictures in Fireworks at school. I am thankful for all help that people give responding to this thread.

Thankfully,

mad_railman91

Hi,

Use a graphic program like Photoshop, open the TGA and then save to JPG!

If you have photoshop you can edit it however you want it and then save ....

Good Luck
Ish:)

Hello Everybody!

I have ran into a snag, I am confused as to how to convert a TGA file (a Trainz screenshot default on my computer that uses Quicktime) to a JPG file.:confused: I need to be able to edit the pictures in Fireworks at school. I am thankful for all help that people give responding to this thread.

Thankfully,

mad_railman91

Just be aware that you lose quality every time you edit a .jpg file. You might do better editing a .bmp file. Also paint.net and GIMP are two free graphic editors that can handle .tga files, GIMP is the more powerful of the two which I use sometimes when PaintShop Pro doesn't have the feature I need.

Cheerio John

"Just be aware that you lose quality every time you edit a .jpg file."

Yes, don't save as JPG until you're ready to do the final save after all editing is done. THe Gimp is a very good editor but it tends to be buggy. I'd recommend Irfanview (and get all the free plugins) unless you're doing stuff Irfanview won't handle (both are free so you can easily compare).

There's also Paint.NET which is quite good for another free graphics editor.
The guys around here turned me on to it last year and I'm startin' to learn it a little better, now. Much easier then the The Gimp, btw.

:)
Rick

Back