New Route - BNSF Clovis Sub West

But the only correct 2 head automatic signal is built-ins that came with the game. I like JointedRail's signals, but until they can come up with a complete set, they are lacking.

So Andy, I've been playing around...

So far I've gotten the session and the route to work fine in TRS09 except for something being messed up with the draw distances. I can set them at 5000m and the computer will not draw them out; looks to stop at about 2000m. Do you have any idea why it's doing this? I know the computer should be capable of drawing the distance, but it just won't do it! I've noticed that the draw distance will increase if I turn down the scenery detail - is this a sign of a lack of RAM? I have 2 GB...

So I'm now trying to get it working in TRS06. I've cleared ALL dependancies in CMP for the Clovis Sub route and the Belen Dispatcher (2006 version) session. There's still numberous errors associated with the route and session though. I cannot for the life of me get the session working in-game! When I load the session, it will come up with a black screen saying there is problems with the route and asks me if I should proceed... I do and in-game, there are a few plants on the ground that appear white opposed to being colored! Weird, any thoughts?

As for the session, there is NO rolling stock or locomotives loaded into the session anywhere - and I know the assets are installed. It just loads me to ground level out near the eastern exit portals! When I go into map view, there is a big circle on the view screen unlike any other circumstances...

Any ideas on how I can get this working in TRS2006?

Thanks again mate, Brent

Last edited:
Hi Brent - I don't have 09, so I have little in the way of practical suggestions on that score.

TRS06 on the other hand should not be a problem, the route was built in 04 but the session was built and tested in 06 and I know it works. Your symptoms sound like missing content, if you know you have everything, delete the file assets.tdx from the 06 root folder. The file will be remade when you start either 06 or CMP. Rebuilding the file can take a while and the sim will look frozen, just let it be. If that doesn't fix it, delete the route and session and re-download being sure to install the route first.

If you are still in strife, post back...

Andy :)

Hi Andy

This all sounds ggod fun, but maybe I am missing something. I only have TRS09 installed and I think I have downloaded everything but when I start the TRS09 Session I don't see much at all. I notice there is not an 09 route so I downloaded the TRS04/06 one.

Is that where I am going wrong:eek:

You have the only route and the correct session.. The session should open with about six or seven (I forget) trains on the route, if you are not seeing much I suspect missing content. Double check that you have everything, including all rolling stock dependencies. The session uses several locos from West Coast Trains and there are some small text links on the WCL download page which lead to hornsounds and other dependencies. These small links are easily overlooked...

Andy ;)

Thanks Andy for your reply.. I seem to be having problems with the CDP files.. Have I got this right, once they are saved I go into CM and File/Import Content on the CDP file. I get an error message 'Unable to read this file',

Thanks again

Last edited:
I find in 06 CMP it is quicker and more reliable to drag new content from the desktop into the left-hand window of CMP. I found using the 'Import Content' or 'Import cdp' options from the menu unreliable, could be that CM2 is the same. Which specific cdp(s) is/are giving problems?

Andy...

Thanks Andy for your reply.. I seem to be having problems with the CDP files.. Have I got this right, once they are saved I go into CM and File/Import Content on the CDP file. I get an error message 'Unable to read this file',

Thanks again
I suspect the reason you can't open them is because they are RAR files. if so download WinRAR then you can open them and change them to readable CDP files. RAR files look like 3 books bound together when on the desktop.

That makes three reports of TRS06 install problems, gimme a while to check that the cdp is not corrupt...

Andy

OK Andy Ill wait on that reply.

Two other probs though Im afraid.. Dont seem to have a link for the locos UP C40-8 and UP C40-8 wings for Alastair and Franky. Also how long should the Instant Load take.. Aimee seems to wait ages for anything to happen!!

Just checked - the links from http://www.sporbust.com/TRS-Downloads.php (which is linked from the Clovis session download page at Checkrail) are live and working for all Frank's locos.

'InstantLoad' is - well - instant (almost!). If Aimee is not loading you are missing trailer dependencies, all of which are on the DLS. Aimee shold be rolling as the session starts...

Andy ;)

'InstantLoad' is - well - instant (almost!). If Aimee is not loading you are missing trailer dependencies, all of which are on the DLS. Aimee shold be rolling as the session starts...

Andy ;)

Well i think im almost there can you tell me the trailer dependencies or is there a link to them somewhere..

Promise I wont bother u again after this :eek:

can you tell me the trailer dependencies or is there a link to them somewhere..

They are on the DLS, CMP/CM2 should grab them automatically, just drag the spine cars into the Download box and click 'Start'....

And keep 'bothering' me if it ain't working - it should!!!!

For folks having TRS06 install problems I have had a few people test the cdp and it seems OK. If it won't install, try re-downloading and instead of double-clicking to execute the download, drag-and-drop the cdp into an open CMP download page...

Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-59/tempwkn1urwn23/48ftapl.convert-tex' in subst 'local'
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-59/tempwkn1urwn23/map1.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

Andy got this error message when installing in CMP ... HELP

Absolutely no idea what the first two lines are - I have never seen an error message remotely like it. Which is no help whatsoever, sorry! I would suggest posting in the TRS2009 forum for specific help with those errors.

Are you running in compatibility mode or native? The route is Trainzbuild 2.4, so I would assume TRS09 would need to be in 'Compatibility' mode to run it.

Several assets used in the route throw up 'errors' which cause the route to show a 'faulty dependencies' icon, but absolutely nothing has to be done by the user, every asset used will perform as intended in TRS06 and TRS09 without attempting to 'fix' errors. I have in fact yet to encounter an 'error' which prevents an asset (or route) from working....

Andy ;)

Thanks anyway Andy... All seems to be running OK so far anyway.. Ive only run a couple of seesions so far although not completed.

Main problems seems to be consists almost having head on crashes.. No doubt some devine intervention is needed on my part!!:)

Andy

I have a problem i cant get round.. Towards the end Franky keeps colliding head on with consist 0 when heading towards the Eastern Portal.

Not sure what you mean by 'towards the end' - the session is endless time-wise. If you mean 'near the portals' then head-on collisions near portals should be impossible (OK, nothing is impossible) but anyway one-way traffic is enforced for a significant distance before portals to avoid cornfield meets with spawning trains.

Also the session includes 'Derailed Vehicle Eraser' (or something equivalent) which instantly removes derailments so if something unxpected does happen it does not stop the session...

Back